cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring 2 solar charger not charging

New Neighbor

Ring 2 solar charger not charging

I bought a solar charger for then ring 2 video doorbell and it is not charging the battery.  The remaining battery charge keeps decreaeing every day.  Can someone help me uderstand this?

106 REPLIES 106
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Ring 2 solar charger not charging

Hey @walterromano5! The best thing to check is the amount of light your Solar Panel is receiving. Ensure the position is strategic for several hours of direct sunlight each day, and that there is no debris covering the panel. Next, check that the adapter is securely inserted and there is no debris in the area.

Your device's battery should certainly remain charged, or at least improve time between necessary charges. Keep in mind, this depends on factors such as usage, signal strength, and number of events. Check out our Community post about battery draining to learn more. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

RING!   I bought 3 of these for 3 Ring 2 Doorbells solar panels and NONE of the 3 work.  I have tried all of your irrevelant fixes (Make sure it gets sun, re-install, clean connections, etc) and NONE of the 3 work.  That is statistically significant and cleary indicated RING is selling a product it should know does not work reliably.  Your solar panel appears to be a scam but definitely a product that does not work relaibably.  Here is the products reviews and comments on Amazon and you will see even though you probably already know this product does not work reliably or as intended.  These reviews go back more than a year so thank you RING for scamming the public.  Google Solar Panel does not work for Ring 2 and the number of people that indicate this experience is vast.  It is unfortunate that you feel the need to take advantage of the public.

https://www.amazon.com/Solar-Charger-Ring-Video-Doorbell/dp/B079VLSYPL/ref=sr_1_9?crid=ZAZ7HG486E40&...

Highlighted
New Neighbor

My Ring 2 is also installed with a solar charger.  The battery went dead completely.  The Ring faces the sunniest exposure with light all day and faces the setting sun.  It is clean and was working fine until a month ago. Any thoughts on this? I am very unhappy about it!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Did you have any trouble mounting the charger with the same holes as the mounting plate?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

No mounting problems at all the holes lioned up fine.  But the charger does not work. At. All.  I'm planning to return mine.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Did anyone mount the Ring 2 Charger using the mounting holes for the Ring 2 without drilling new holes. 

Thanks 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Yes, I installed my Ring2 doorbell with the solar charging plate and the mounting holes lined up the same. However, the solar charger does not work. Has complete exposer to sky.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

On my ring app there is a "solar charger status" field but no indicator.  Below it says "add a Ring Solar device to extend battery life".  Is there any way to get the app to recognize that the doorbell is connected to a solar charger?  

Are there any plans to add these functions?  

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the same case, I just get the device and no indecator of the charging and the battery get drain every day. 

@sksally1 wrote:

On my ring app there is a "solar charger status" field but no indicator.  Below it says "add a Ring Solar device to extend battery life".  Is there any way to get the app to recognize that the doorbell is connected to a solar charger?  

Are there any plans to add these functions?