Ring 2 solar charger not charging

I have the exactly the same problem. Have you managed to find a solution

Can you please post a photo of how your Solar Panel is set up, neighbors? This includes a bigger pictur eof the front door so we can determing how much direct sunlight the Solar Panel receives during the day. Thanks.

My solar charger also does not work. In full sun for most of the day but battery keeps dropping.

Going to return as “defective”.

1 Like

I spoke to help desk. Make sure it’s fully pushed in and re install the camera. On 3rd occasion it started to work!

1 Like

Installation is key, @Matt2 ! Would better instructions / pictures help with that? If so, we can take this feedback and deliver it to the team to see what we can do. Thanks!

Does it now show up in the app?

Are you kidding at this point?? There’s 4 full pages of people with the same complaint and you think it’s all of us? We ALL have the solar charger in a bad spot? C’mon. I’ll be returning mine ASAP. What a horrible product.

Like EVERYONE else here, my brand new solar charger doesn’t work. What an absolute scam. I wish I’d read all of these reviews before spending $100. I’ll be returning mine ASAP.

1 Like

Hey @imnotreallyscott. Since your device is not registering that the solar panel is connected and it says it’s going off of battery, could you please reach out to our support team here to take a deeper look into this please?

Just received the doorbell 2 and solar and the solar is not keeping the battery charged. It receives several hours of sunlight, we checked connectors and redid setup

My ring solar charger is not working… I see that there are many that do not work. Is this a class action situation!

2 Likes

Same situation here. New solar charger. Gets sun all day and no charging occurs at all. Same message about add a solar charger in app. Does not recognize it’s installed. Rechecked the install - connection points, etc. All look good.

@Ring - please focus some resources on this issue. Many people are having this issue and at $59 a pop, for it not to work is not acceptable. Either tell us how to fix it, update your product and send replacements to people, or refund our money.

I just received mine, so I will give it a week or so to see if it ever works. If not, I will be sending back for a refund.
Thanks!

3 Likes

Same situation as @nsbalt, also giving it a week if not I’m going to return it.
Mine is down to a 25 % I was waiting to see if after is completely discharged the solar panel kicks in, BUT after reading all this it seems that it will never charge.
Pleas anybody that want to buy this charger just DONT DO IT!!!

I think is a scam from Ring!

Hey neighbors! Could you please post a photo of how your Solar Panel is set up with your Doorbell? This includes a bigger picture of the door so we can determining how much direct sunlight the Solar Panel receives during the day. In addition, a picture of how you have the wiring setup in the back can be helpful as well. Thank you neighbors, hope to hear back from you soon with these pictures!

Hi Chelsea here’s the pictures you asked for.
Would you have any solution to my situation and if not do ring change my charger or return my money?

1 Like

Just be aware of a couple of things…

1. If you decide to return your solar charger because the Ring company sent you a defective item…they still charge you $5.00 to send it back. Ain’t that some sh*t? Absolutely terrible customer service.

2. This whole idea of “take a picture of your wiring and door” feels like a stall tactic. Brand new out of the box these solar chargers aren’t showing up in the app. I’m not an incompetent human being. I know how to install a simple item like this. And I understand that it needs direct sunlight. When I log in here and see dozens up dozens of comments all stating the same thing…the charger isn’t showing up at all in the app…that shows me there is a major QC issue here. And it sucks that it seems like The Ring company’s first approach is to make it seem like a user issue.

1 Like

@Elimil thank you SO much for providing these pictures – they are extremely helpful. If you don’t mind us asking, where are you located (you can give a general area-- doesn’t have to be exact City). I ask as I would love to confirm a few things – see that eave above the door / doorbell? Potentially, on your location, it could be blocking the sun for a good chunk of the day. Also, can you remind me (roughly) how many alerts you’re receiving per day? The Solar Panel provides a trickle charge – could just not be enough if the alerts are high. Don’t worry, keep providing us information and we can continue to assist :slight_smile:

Also-- the installation looks great-- good job :slight_smile:

So here are the pictures of my setup. This is now my second charger that is hooked up, getting sunlight, and still not showing up in the app, nor charging the battery. The solar charger gets light from 2pm through the rest of the day, which is roughly 8pm at this point.

1 Like

Same issue. Just recently received my solar panel and I do not believe it is working.

Hi,

My solar charger seems to be working fine now. We have had a number of sunny days here, and when the level was down to 40% and the sun then came out it charged right up into the 80% range. I haven’t taken it off to recharge since January.
I would keep it going, even if you have to charge it a couple times. Once it gets going it seems to work.