Ring 2 solar charger not charging

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring 2 solar charger not charging

Mine is not working either.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I had to purchase a second solar panel even though the one that quit working was less than 6 months old.  The hassle of returning something to Ring for replacement just wasn;t worth my time and effort.  Very poor customer service !!!!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I am on my second charger and the Ring continues to drain the battery over time. I did read that there is no way of knowing whether it is charging thought through the app.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I wanted to post an update after my original post several weeks ago...

My original ring had the battery drained so many times before I purchased my solar charger.  It would not hold any charge at all after charging all night and hooking up to the solar charger.  

Purchased a new ring doorbell, charged overnight and hooked up to the solar charger.  It has been several weeks, maybe just over a month, and I've not had to re-charge it once.  Checked the battery today and it's been holding at 79% for quite awhile.  It will sometimed drop below 79% a bit, but on a clear day if the solar charger is clean (no pollen covering the cells) it will charge back up above 80%.  I live in south florida so I have to wipe all the pollen off of the cells every week!  But it's working for us.  

Hope this update helps. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

The solar charger does not work on the Video doorbell 2. It only works on the original doorbell.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same issue, one week drop 25-28% of battery, ring is my first and last, nest much better
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same as everyone elses. Charger in direct, unobstructed sun all day until sunset. Does not work at all after a couple of months. In fact, it is draining the battery which indicates Ring is aware of a defective accessory.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the same issue.  Ring Solar charger is a dud.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I bought an extra battery because the Ring2 barely holds its charge.  And I'm swapping out the batteries every other week or so.  I spent 2 hours on the phone with the company and nobody seems to know how to fix the issue.  

Highlighted
New Neighbor

My solar solar charger, attached to the ORIGINAL doorbell, doesn't work either...so much for the quality of their solar scam.