Ring 2 solar charger not charging

My original solar panel stopped working. I’m a former US Navy electronics tech so tested the output on a bright day with a very accurae multi-meter. The panel was less than 6 months old ! The hassle Ring makes people go through to get a device replace under warranty is absolutely maddening so I finally just gave up and bought a replacement. It’s in an ideal location with plenty of unobstructed sunshine throughout the day so I tested this one and it’s putting out the correct voltage and amperate output. Ring customers with these solar panels do need to realize that this is only a trickle charger so it might take as much as a week to fully charge a fairly depleted battery. My advice is to purchase an extra battery and fully USB charge the second one so you start off with one that’s 100% charged. My two batteries now are fully charged and stay that way. BUT I did have to pay $50 bucks for a new panel !!!

But one HUGE issue is that the Ring app has a link to check on the solar panel health but it doesn’t work. You people need to get that fixed and do it soon - or take that out of the app.

8 Likes