Problem downloading tones to my Chime

Hi,

I have just installed a Doorbell2 and a Chime and everything works fine.

But: I am not able to choose any tone, both for bell and motion. When I choose one and press “save” a message window says “settings will be updated” (or so, my device is running in german), then for about 2 minutes there is the “chime will be updated” message and then “something is going wrong” (see the attached screen shot).

I have tried this on my iPhone11, my iPad and also on my Mac and Windows device. All the same (ok, the Win device has no ability to change the tone).

Any idea?

Thanks,

Hanno

2 Likes

Hi @Majortom. Have you tried removing the Chime from your account, resetting it and then re-adding it back to the system? To do a reset, you will press and hold down the button on the side for 30 seconds while plugged in. If you have a pinhole on the side, just press and hold down something in that pinhole, while the Chime is plugged in, for the same time.

Once you’ve done this, try to save your Chime sound and see if it saves. If it’s still not allowing you to update it, please reach out to our support team at 1-800-656-1918 to let them know of this!

1 Like

Hi,

I just had a similiar issue with my Ring Chime Pro; unable to change the Chime Tones. I reached out to Ring’s support team at 1-800-656-1918, and Jeanne (sp?) the technician who answered the phone was able to change the tones to my liking over the phone. I was still unable to change the tones myself (Ring & Motion), but she was able to successfully change to tones to my liking. Looks like I may have to do this again if I ever want to change the tones, but it was so simple for her to do it remotely over the phone. I am a retired support person myself, having worked for ORACLE, Inc. for 15+ years and it’s refreshing to find excellent support people, when combatting an issue that doesn’t seem to be possible to resolve! Hope this helps!

1 Like

Same issue - called customer support and after trouble shooting was told it was a problem on Ring’s end.

Great Rushfrank on your resolution…not a success here. Every time the support person tried my chime it sounded the old tone. Supposedly getting an email in reference to this issue within 24-48 hours.

Sorry to hear of your delayed resolution. The support person I worked with went through the same process with me, and we kept getting the original tones. I don’t know what she did, but after asking me what I wanted the tones to be, there was a short pause on hold and when she had me try it again, the tones I had requested had been set. Now before calling support, I had pressed the reset button on the side and had at one time, dropped the chime alltogether in the app, and started over again. I had verified the WiFi connection and strength in the location the chime had been placed, so I had done all the obvious checks before calling support. Again, I don’t know what they did, but they were able to successfully get mine working. Good Luck!

1 Like

Thanks, Chelsea.

I have resetted the Chime and install it completely from scratch and that helped.

Thank you.

1 Like

The Chime Pro is now Merry Merry! I too had gone through all the obvious troubleshooting steps before calling - unplugging, resetting etc. This morning I decided to delete and redownload the app on iphone. Went through the process within 1 foot away from the Chime Pro and Voila! Thank you all for your support and Merry Christmas :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Same process worked for me - thanks for the info!

1 Like

My home still sings merry Christmas I have changed everything on the app and it rings but then afterwards still songs Christmas music.

Hi @EliWill0224 ! Did you take @Bucky2 advice of deleting and redownloading the app? Let us know!

Yes I have. My chime is the one that rings the normal ring tone, then Christmas music, then someone is at your front door. I’ve tried everything to include resetting the chime, with no luck.

Hey @EliWill0224, happy to step in for Jennifer here. In this case, since the Chime is still not playing the correct tones, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a close look at your Chime and offer more advanced troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support.