Night light on new Ring Chime Pro

Hey @jgralston83. Could you please reach out to our support team to ensure that the firmware is on the right update? They can troubleshoot with you further on this concern as well to get this up and running like it should! Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile:

ok I have had a Chime Pro V2 for a couple months now Night Light use to turn off in daylight fine Does. ot anymore. Tried unplugging replugging numerous times Tried turning on off in app. What good is a night light you need to turn on and off in app to work. Firmware continues to show Up To Date

sorry but this thing works a couple days turning off properly and the stops working again This is Not a solution and sorry Ring but you have to know there a problems with this and you do not fix them Also would you the Ring person answer me This Time

ok its obvious that it takes waaaay too much light to turn off this Chime Pro 2nd gen unit. nightlight. if i get within about 2 ft of it with a flashlight it turns off. Should turn off with a lot of natural light from window. Which it Does Not

@JoeySoprano wrote:
ok its obvious that it takes waaaay too much light to turn off this Chime Pro 2nd gen unit. nightlight. if i get within about 2 ft of it with a flashlight it turns off. Should turn off with a lot of natural light from window. Which it Does Not

I have to agree. While this does work better than it initially did when it was released (the nightlight basically never turned off) since a firmware update, it still requires entirely too much light to turn off the night light.

I have mine next to a sliding glass door. It still sits with the nightlight on for the majority of the day unless it’s fairly sunny. Cloudy days, yet far from dark, the night light stays on.

An adjustable sensitivity slider for the nightlight like the Ring Smart Lighting offers might be the answer here… adjust the amount of light it takes for the nightlight to turn off. This way we could all adjust it to our homes, based on where we have it located.

Hi @JoeySoprano. In this case it may be best for you to reach out to our support team directly, as this a neighbor-to-neighbor support forum rather than a direct line to support. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

My nightlight never goes off as well. How about adding a timer feature in the app for places that aren’t very bright?

Hi @sjnehoc. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

Hi there. Just updated my Ring System to these. Are the night lights LED? Thanks

This issue clearly hasn’t been resolved, as I just bought mine recently and it’s still having issues with the sensitivity of the photocell that triggers the nightlight. It shouldn’t activate at all when there’s light in the hall I have it in.

I also note there is still no dimmer function available.

It would be nicer if we have a feature to adjust the night light sensitive. Other than that it’s awesome device. Thanks.

I just bought my Ring Chime Pro a few days ago and the nightlight on mine doesn’t ever shut off either. Any fix to this yet?

One other thing I would like to note for the engineers is that while I can control the nightlight with the app, my wife does not have that option as an authorized or shared user. So she has to ask me to turn this thing on and off.

1 Like

Same issue here. Nightlight on 24x7, which means I have to manually turn it on and off. That’s a big turn-off for these devices, which are meant to be smart.

I’d welcome a software fix for this, just to enable better control, such as via timer or local dawn/dusk times.

The Chime Pro’s night light can be turned off in the Ring app by opening the Main Menu (three lines top left), selecting Devices, choosing your Chime Pro, and toggling the Night Light toggle off. Please ensure there is not a VPN enabled on your mobile device, and try rebooting your wifi router to see if this helps.

If further assistance is needed, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

2 Likes

Was having exact same issue. Just got mine yesterday, and nightlight stayed on even with ambient lighting. I shined my flashlight and it turned off, moved the flashlight away and it went back on. But did it again, and now the nightlight is staying off after I removed the flashlight. So I’ll wait to see what happens later when it gets dark.

1 Like

I can see that the issue of the nightlight not automatically turning off has been the subject of comment for over 2 years.

And, of course, I am here because of the same issue I have with my Ring Chime Pro bought and installed yesterday. The light will simply not turn off despite there being ample bright light.

If Ring can’t fix this, they should, as an alternative, update the APP with a schedule so that users can set when the light should go on and off.

It can’t be that hard to do, yet after 2 years of complaints, nothing has changed.

1 Like

please just add a new feature to schedule the night light on or off so that we can turn on/off the light in the daytime

Echoing the above comments. Please look into resolving this issue as the night light is effectively pointless currently, being on at all times.

It’s now 2023 and there is still no control over the night light other than to turn it on or off, so much to listening to what your customers want.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.