Night light on new Ring Chime Pro

So my new ring chime pro arrived a day early yesterday. Its daylight (and chime is located in a well lit area) however the nightlight is still on. I know I can turn it off manually through the app but should it turn off automatically? If it suppose to auto off…its not working, if you have to turn off through the app… then it doesnt seem very smart.

Also the nightlight is very bright, actually almost too bright especally at night, wish it had a function to dim.

1 Like

Hey @T-TYD. The night light on the new Chime Pro is supposed to turn off automatically. I recommend to unplug and replug in the device once or twice to see if this helps with the sensor not picking up to turn off the night light, as well as turning it on/off a couple times in the app to see if that helps. We have gotten feedback on improving the threshold for the night light to turn on and off automatically, so we are currently working on improving this threshold!

In regards to the night light being dimmable, this is not a feature at this time, but once I have passed on this feedback to the appropriate teams, they have agreed in seeing the need for this! Rest assured that they have taken your feedback and will look into this. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried your suggestions of unplugging/plugging, turning on/off within the ring app, and the light still stayed on. I then took my phone flashlight and when I held it directly in front of the lower left corner of the chime, it turned off…but the minute I pulled my phone away it turned back on. Attached is a picture with it on at 2:13pm CST.

I’ll wait a couple days to see if there is any sort of software update that fixes since it sounds like the device is not sensitive enough to pick up daylight; if not I might have to exchange for another to try. Thanks.

@T-TYD Not a problem! Thank you so much for this picture. Rest assured that while the light may remain on at this time, we are working on a software update to fix this. I will make sure to keep you updated with anything else I find out! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just wanted to add my new Chime Pro is doing the exact same thing. No matter what, the night light absolutely will not automatically turn off in normal daylight. I tried shining a flashlight directly on it and it did shut off, then immediately turned back on when I pulled away the light.

Also, it took several attempts to update the chime tone to a different alert. I’d change the tone and it would just hang on “Updating Chime…” I eventually got it to work. It’s in the same location as my old chime so network connectivity shouldn’t be a factor. The firmware did seem to update without issue.

I thought there was supposed to be additional chime tones available for this thing too? The only ones available are the same as the original Chime Pro.

Thank you for letting us know @5150Joel! I’m glad you were able to get the Chime tone updated as well, even though it took a couple tries. In reference to the Chime tones that are available with the new Chime and Chime Pro, all chime tones available will be for all devices.

The new Chime Pro or Chime doesn’t come with any new special tones. We appreciate your feedback and understand how the verbiage can be confusing. Allow me to share some information on the subject. We hope to have over 30 available during seasonal times like Halloween and Christmas to give our neighbors a wider range of tones to choose from! Check your Chime settings during these special events to look out for additional chime tones. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Chelsea. Yeah the way it’s worded on the Chime I thought there would be 30 or so chime tones. Oh well, this thing looks 1,000 times better than the baby monitor look of the gen1, and the night light is a nice touch. Look forward to the update that corrects the auto on/off issue.

1 Like

I was disappointed in the new chime pro. Ring needs to put in a schedule so the user can have it turn on at a requested time and turn off at a requested time. They have that feature in their other products. The light sensor should be a fall back.

1 Like

I’m also having issues with the nightlight feature. It stays on all day and I have to turn it off manually. The nightlight is bright and I do like it, it’s just not very convenient having to manually turn it on/off. I hope that a software update will fix this issue.

2 Likes

I am having the exact same problem, clearly the QC and testing aren’t doing much work before rushing new products to release… let the customers proof and troubleshoot the product and not have to pay for it.

Shame a Company can release a Faulty Product onto the Market, I’ve Turned off night light as unit was getting very warm :cry:

Software upgrade 23/04/20. :smiley: :smiley: Now turns off in Daylight. :heart:

1 Like

Yep mines good now.
Thanks ring! ?

1 Like

Mine’s working great now too!

How’d you guys know you received a firmware update? Mine has consistently shown “Up to Date.” I saw these replies and tried mine, and it’s working fine too. I’d otherwise never have known.

1 Like

Hey neighbors! I’m so happy to hear things are working well now. Thank you again for your feedback in this process, you’re the reason we are able to get these kind of changes implemented so thank you all! :smiley_cat:

1 Like

I didn’t know the software had been updated. I read the thread and went to check mine and it was working. I’ve since checked and I can’t see a way to tell the software has been updated either

Can not get chime pro too install property

Just purchased my Ring Chime Pro on 6/14/2020. Installed and it went through the software update. Seemed good to go since the app said Firmware Up to Date. Night lighe worked thorugh the night was very pleasant. The next morning I realized that the night light functionality would not turn off. It is sitting in a well lit area so it turn off. I shined my iphone light at it and the night light turned off, but turned back off after I removed the light from it. Seems that the sensativity of the sensor is not low enough. Would be nice if I could confirm I have the right firmware instead of Up to Date.

Thoughts?

Hey @jgralston83. Could you please reach out to our support team to ensure that the firmware is on the right update? They can troubleshoot with you further on this concern as well to get this up and running like it should! Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile:

ok I have had a Chime Pro V2 for a couple months now Night Light use to turn off in daylight fine Does. ot anymore. Tried unplugging replugging numerous times Tried turning on off in app. What good is a night light you need to turn on and off in app to work. Firmware continues to show Up To Date