New Ring Chime Setup

Husband started the process on his phone and couldn’t remember the wifi password so left for work. He removed the device from his account. However, when I go to set it up on my device it says it is still on his! Grrrr I get past this. Help appreciated. Thanks

Hi @Sam27! This will happen whenever a device had a previous owner. The Change of Ownership process is quick and easy, and should help with this. When you attempted a setup in your Ring app, the previous owner will receive an email requesting to release ownership. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Yes we have received this and all it says is to remove the device which he has done. Even when you look at his devices it isn’t there.

However same message still appears that it is there. Obviously there is a bug.

Looks like I need to return it. What a pain in the butt.

Sorry to hear about this experience, @Sam27! Once this step is completed, please allow some time for the Ring app to reflect these changes. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.