New Ring Chime Pro

I just purchased the new Ring Chime Pro. This chime can be installed on either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz. All of my ring products are connected to the app on the 2.4 GHz band. Should I also install the Chime on the 2.4 GHz or the 5 GHz? I need to use the extender capabilities. Thank you in advance.

Hey @426Cuda. If you can, please try connecting the Chime Pro to the 5 Ghz of your network. If it can connect and stay connected, this connection will be stronger for your Ring devices. If you cannot connect to the 5 Ghz, see if you can connect to the 2.4 Ghz, as your router may be further away and unable to connect when on 5 Ghz. You can also try connecting to either or and testing out which has a better performance for you and your Ring devices. :slight_smile:

After spending all day yesterday testing the Chime Pro proved not to be a solution for my outdoor camera. The signal was way too weak. It seems to work fine inside the house. I ended up moving my router extender to the garage and now I have good signal for the outside cameras. I will keep the Chime Pro as it may come in handy down the road. I’d like to bring to your attention that there is a bug in the setup software. If the connection to a camera fails you cannot exit the software. I had to restart my phone in order to get out of the setup software. Thank you for your reply.

1 Like

Thank you for the update @426Cuda, and for sharing the experience. Glad to hear you’ve found a solution for your Cameras!

We will certainly pass this feedback along to our teams here. :slight_smile: