New Chime and Chime Pro

I have read the information posted to date about the upcoming (2020) release of Ring chimes. It states that you can pair a video doorbell with multiple chimes (as has always been the case), but it doesn’t state whether you can pair two doorbells with one chime and have each doorbell produce a different chime. I’ve brought this up before because I really want to eliminate the excessive number of chimes currently installed only to know whether someone is at the front or back door. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Hi @ddalder. This is a great idea! As the device is still not available for purchase, we do have limited information on what the features for the Chime and Chime Pro will be. Once the device is released, if you are still unable to find this information on the product’s page,

please follow up in this thread so I can follow up with you. :slight_smile:

Additionally, we’ve created a Feature Request board where you can share this idea as well. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

Hello Chelsea. Thank you for replying to my post. Many months ago I did post this suggestion on the Feature Request board and am really hoping your design team has taken this into consideration. I was excited to hear that a new version will be released soon, which is why I was looking for all of the feature details.

On a positive note, the styling and appearance of the new chime is a vast improvement and something I won’t object to having in my living room.

I’ll keep my eyes open for further information.

2 Likes