Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Chime Pro (2nd Gen) Won't Connect To Network

SOLVED
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: New Chime Pro (2nd Gen) Won't Connect To Network

Hey neighbors! @DiveMedic Thank you so much for your helpful tips and tricks while I was away and @wchettel  I'm so glad that worked for you! You all are the best, and appreciate the help here in between neighbors. Cat Happy Hope you both are well and stay healthy and safe! 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Worked like a charm, indeed!  Thanks for the help!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi,

I am having similar problems with connecting chime pro to my network. i have successfully set up cameras and they work fine but trying to set up chime pro now. The setup goes to the step where I have to connect to the Ring network. The set does not proceed any further. My device connects to the ring network. I have tried resetting my modem, router, chime pro but no luck. Have tried moving the chime pro around ( closer to the modem or even closer to the camera ), but still no luck.

What  else should I try. I am based in NZ.

Thanks

Salesh

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Salesh, I'm happy to step in and offer some help here. To clarify, are you able to connect to the Ring Setup Network for the Chime Pro? If so, what happens after? If you're able to reproduce the concern and don't mind, please attach a screenshot of where the setup gets stuck in the Ring App. Let us know what lights your Chime Pro is displaying during this process as well. This information will help us get a better idea of what you're seeing on your end! Smiley Happy 

Curious and want to learn more about the Community? Visit our Community 101 - New Member Checklist here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring,
Yes I am able to connect to the Ring set up network. That's where the set up goes to. Nothing happens after that. Attached is the screenshot. The chime pro is flashing green all the while.

Thanks
Salesh
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the exact same problem
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi @Ian70 ,

I have just managed to connect after a lot of trying and reading a lot of solutions. What worked for me was that my devices location was off. As soon as I turned it on I was able to connect the Chime pro to my networ.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Salesh

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi salesh
Yes it helped a little it now goes through the motions to connect so thank you for that

But it now flashes blue for 10 flashes then goes red when it says it is connecting then nothing happens hope admin can help me please

Cheers ian
Highlighted
Community Manager

@Salesh Thank you for letting us know what you tried, and how that worked for you! @Ian70 Based on the light pattern you're describing, it sounds like the Chime Pro is not able to successfully connect to your wifi network. I'd recommend bringing the Chime Pro closer to your router and resetting it before attempting the setup again. Hold down the setup button on the side for 15 seconds in order to complete the reset, then plug the Chime Pro in near the router and walk through the setup process again.

If that is unsuccessful, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They'll be able to take a closer look at what's going on and provide more advanced troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know what support recommends, as it may be helpful for others! Smiley Happy 

Curious and want to learn more about the Community? Visit our Community 101 - New Member Checklist here.