New Chime Pro (2nd Gen) Won't Connect To Network

Hello Chelsea_Ring,

I received my replacement Chime Pro from Amazon on Saturday, June 6th. I went to the Ring website to check something about the installation. I saw that they had just reduced the price of the Ring Doorbell 3 to $149. I paid $199 a little over a week ago. I contacted Amazon and they wouldn’t do a price-match refund but they did authorize and initiate a return for the one I just received. I ordered the replacement at the lower price. It arrived Monday afternoon June 8th. I let the battery charge overnight.

So, now I’ve got a new, different Ring Doorbell 3 and a new, different Chime Pro to use. I also have turned OFF the 5Ghz band on my router and reset it. (see attached screenshot).

The new Ring Doorbell 3 gets set up without any problem and works fine.

The Chime Pro still WILL NOT CONNECT TO MY WI-FI NETWORK! I have used a heavy, grounded extension cord to power the Chime Pro. It is sitting 12 inches from my router. The Ring Doorbell 3 is sitting 24 inches from the router. (see attached screenshot). After about a minute of trying to connect to my Wi-Fi, the light on the Chime Pro turns red and I get the audible message that “connection failed due to poor signal, please locate the Chime closer to the router and try again”. A message also pops up on my phone. I’ve done what the message suggests that I do. (see attached screenshot).

I’m getting frustrated! What can I do to make the connection? If I can’t get the Chime Pro to work, the whole thing - Ring Doorbell 3, Chime Pro, and the spare battery will have to go back to Amazon for a refund!

Thanks for your help.

Walter in Davie, FL