My ring chime is flickering

Need help why does my ring chime blue light constantly flicker ? Then I switch it off and on it becomes ok for few days then flickers again

Hi @Zulu_Malik. Could you take a video of this and share it with us so we know what flickering you’re noticing? When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Alternatively, if the video is saved in the Event History in your Ring App, you can choose to share it via email and copy the link that is generated.

Hi guys, I’ve had the same issue a number of times over the past month. Here’s a 3 second video. I’ve left it overnight before, and in the morning it is still flickering. Usually the device needs to be powered off for a while before switching on again, otherwise it just flickers immediately.

Hey @IanBav. Have you reached out to our support team to show them that your device is preforming this way? I recommend following up with them on this concern, as this may be a hardware concern. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thanks Chelsea, will do.

1 Like