cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Chime is too soft.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

My Chime is too soft.

I know about the volume slider, it is full up. I have the normal chime, not the pro. It is working fine, I can change ring tones and turn it down. But I selected the most cutting ring tone I could find and have the slider on full, it's still way too soft.

I used to have it in the hallway, about 5 ft from the (thin and normlly closed) door to the living room and we can hardly hear it at the other side...

So I have it in the livingroom now, which means it can't be heard in the rest of the house. It's at below conversation level. And no, we don't shout at eachother, we converse very reasonably.

And I read here that some think it's too loud. I can't imagine...

Anything I can do?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: My Chime is too soft.

Hey @Dutch749! You've definitely taken all the correct steps to increase volume on your Chime. I recommend performing a reset on the Chime by holding the setup button for 15 seconds. Once completed, please perform a new setup. 

To ensure your volume settings are saving and applying, please try the above steps using an outlet closer to your wifi router. If this does not resolve your concerns, the next best step would be to reach out to our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: My Chime is too soft.

Did all that.

Removed the chime from the app, closed the app. Reset the chime with the button on the side. Reopened the app and added the chime. No difference.

I can set the volume and ringtone for the chime in the app, test it, it reacts fast, also when pressing the ring doorbell. 

Default ringtone (cuts the most) at max volume and all I get is 62dB at 1m. using the dB meter app on my iphone. It's below conversation level. Won't do.

/* */