Motion alerts off, chimes still ring

I have two Ring Doorbells and 2 chimes. I have set both doorbells to have ring alerts on and record motion, but motion alerts turned off. One seems to be working fine, but at the front door, motion is still setting off the chime! Gardener is here, chime ringing every couple of minutes! Help!

1 Like

Hey @aflynn37! The best next step here is checking the linked chimes for each Doorbell in the Ring app, to ensure they are not also linked for motion/ ring alerts. This can be done by opening the Menu from the Ring app dashboard, selecting Devices, selecting the Video Doorbell, and then tapping the Linked Chimes tile. There you will see the option to link/ unlink for rings and motion. Please do this per Doorbell, just to ensure both are configured as desired.

If this concern persists, try removing and reinstalling the Ring app and saving these settings again. Please also ensure each Chime is also receiving sufficient signal to save these changes efficiently. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank so much! I did have the chimes linked. And wanted to. But on one of them the chime was turned on for motion. There are really too many places you can adjust settings, and they contradict each other. This really needs to be simplified. But now I know. Appreciate the quick help.

1 Like

Thank you for the update, @aflynn37! I also agree that it is very important to, while we are adding features, ensure the access to these features is quick and easy to neighbors. This feedback is great, and will be shared with our teams here. :slight_smile:

1 Like