Max operating temperature of the chimes.

What is the max operating temperature, of both the chime and chime pro first gen, and also second gen of both variants? I ask this as I want to place one in my garage, but it is not insulated nor air conditioned and I live in Phoenix Arizona.

Any information on this would be appreciated and help me decide on my next purchase.

Hey @ZekeW. The 1st Generation of the Chime and Chime Pro need to to be installed indoors and would not be fit for a garage environment. The 2nd Generation of the Chime and Chime Pro can withstand operating at temperatures 32°F to 113°F (0°C to 45°C). As someone who has been to Arizona myself, it may be a risk still putting the 2nd Generation of Chime or Chime Pro in your garage. Since the garage is not insulated or air conditioned, I know how even on a 100 degree day, it can get hotter when in a closed off, hot area, like the inside of a car or a garage.

Since Arizona can have those more heat intensive days, I recommend getting the device inside when you notice it gets too hot outside. If you notice the device get hot at any time, bringing it inside can help during those times! Lastly, we did vamp up our Chime and Chime Pro for the second generation to be a bit louder, so installing it on the other side of the door of the garage may be a solution for you as well! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much for the info Chelsea!

I would reccomend Ring adds that same info to the product spec sheets. I am sure I am far from the only person who has wondered such a thing but perhaps the first one to go through the trouble of asking.

Anyways, I think I just won’t bother. During the summer? It will certainly exceed the max temp of even the 2nd gen every single day so just isn’t worth the trouble really. Oh well.

Though when you say the second gen is louder, do you know by how much? That would also be useful info.

1 Like