Indoor/Outdoor Power Adapter (Barrel Plug) for stick up cam

@Roxy2015 wrote:

The option been sold on Amazon or ring is only 14ft long, are there any other outdoor options I can use that won’t invalidate the warranty of my camera and are longer. I don’t want battery or solar supply.

Hello @Roxy2015 ,

Actually, the cord comes in two parts. The two cords, when attached/combined together, the length is 22.9 feet total.

As for describing these two cords, I realize my explanation might be difficult to understand, so I’ve attached two pictures.

• The First cord is a bit over 8 feet long (8.2 ft). ** ** It has a custom-fit jack that inserts into the back of the Stick-up cam. The other end of this cord has a small, weather-proof electrical transformer that accepts an adapter. This transformer already comes with the the 2-bladed-adapter-plug in place .

• The Second cord is over 14 feet long (14.7 ft). It has an adapter that can connect into the 8-foot cord’s transformer. The other end has a non-removable 2-bladed-power end.

You have two options available for you:

• If you do not need the additional 14-foot portion, you can just use the 8-foot cord, and keep the 2-bladed-adapter plug in place, like if you were going to mount your cam indoors.
  • If you require more than 8-feet, firmly press on the “Push” button and slide the bladed-adapter off the transformer. Then slide on the 14-foot adapter until it clicks securely in place. This will take a bit of physical pressure, because there is an orange gasket on this adapter to provide a water-tight electrical connection. This adapter also has 4 holes for mounting screws to secure the transformer. Now you made one longer weather-proof “Outdoor” cord.

If you look again in the “Tech Specs” for the “Size/Color/Dimensions” it shows the lengths of each “Outdoor” and “Indoor” use cord that can be combined into one longer “Outdoor” cord. But I can easily understand that you didn’t know they combine together, because the description is not clear on that.

https://ring.com/collections/accessories/products/indoor-outdoor-power-adapter-barrel-plug

Hopefully, the length of these two combined will suit your needs. If not, a normal extension cord can be plugged into the end of the 14-ft section to make it even longer. I hope you find this information useful. :slight_smile:

2 Likes