cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you know if your solar panel is working?

New Neighbor

How do you know if your solar panel is working?

I have the Ring stick up cam battery and have attached the solar panel and I don’t see any way to check if it is actually working. I just got a notice my battery is low in the camera. We have had lots of sun lately so I don’t understand and wonder if the panel is even working!!
20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: How do you know if your solar panel is working?

At this time, @Tuckerdog3  there is not a way to check connection in the app. However, we will certainly let you know if things change! In the meantime, did you charge your battery to 100% before installing? Keep in mind the Solar Panel will provide a trickle charge to your device, so you may see your battery lower one day, but be charged again the next. Let us know- we're here to help! 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

What is the warranty on the solar panel?  I think mine may not be working anymore.  Mine worked great at first but now it won't charge my battery.  I have to remove and charge it myself in the house. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

All products have the same Warranty, which you can learn more about  here.

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

It is visible immediately! Perhaps you may need to check the power supply. I found only this article Do Solar Panels Need Maintenance? - Blog About Solar Energy | Websolarguide 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

What do you mean check power supply! It has a battery and The solar panel I thought was supposed to be charging as battery in the camera was going down? The battery for my security camera keeps going down and the solar charger doesn’t seem to be affecting it .
Highlighted
New Neighbor

What we require is a charging symbol incorporated into the app so we can tell if the solar panel is charging the battery 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

YES!! That would be awesome! I truly don’t think mine is working cuz the tech said you should see charge amount go up an Dow and I only see it go down! Does anyone know how long camera should stay charged with the panel??
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @Tuckerdog3, thank you for following up with us! Battery life can vary based on usage and other factors. Of course, using a Solar Panel is a great way to extend the time between charges. With just a few hours of direct sunlight per day, it will keep your Stick Up Cam Battery fully charged.

Check out our Community post for tips on extending battery life, as well as our help center article about the Solar Panel.

If the information above does not improve your experience with battery life, please reach out to our support team, at 1-800-656-1918, for further troubleshooting.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I purchased the outdoor Ring security camera with built in spotlight and solar panel about six months ago and extra battery about 6 months ago.    The panel is in a location that gets sun all day and the two batteries always stayed fully charged.  Neither one is now charging.  I put a multi-meter across the input plug from the panel and it seems to be producing current.  I don't know what the output specs are for voltage and amps.  The batteries re-charge fine when I remove them and connect them in the house with a mini-USB cable.

/* */