How do you know if your solar panel is working?

I wish I would have read these before purchasing.

The app is totally useless when it comes to this Solar panel device.

With all the other useful data that the app provides (a lot of it I don’t even understand but realize it’s there for good reason), why omit something that would seem so simple? My doorbell Ring shows the power source correctly. And the battery life indicator is functional. So why not have anything to show it is connected and being recharged by the solar panel?

I guess nothing to do now but cross my fingers and hope for the best. I connected it a couple days ago and have only seen the battery life go down. Doesn’t seem to be going down any faster or slower than when it’s not connected to a solar panel at all.

I don’t have extremely high expectations. Since the battery doesn’t drain that fast normally, it would be nice to have it gradually charge up, especially since the area gets a lot of sun.

What’s the point of even having this thing if it does absolutely nothing? Would probably rather save the money and just keep charging it the old way, or use the cash to buy another battery…

And it’s great to see no one from Ring bothered to answer the two simple questions proposed earlier in this thread.

6 Likes