How To: Adjust Chime and Chime Pro Volume

Hey @tdaugh! If you go into your Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Chime or Chime Pro > do you not see a tile for Audio Settings? If you do not, please send over a screenshot so I can take a look at what you do see!

i can adjust the volume but it doesn’t seem to stick. when motion is detected it’s still loud even though i adjusted it down. and there is nothing on my phone screen that says save. so, i’m thinking it’s not saving the change.

@pville Could you try removing the Ring app, rebooting your device the app was on, and then reinstalling the app? Once reinstalled, try to go through and adjust this setting again! If you are still unable to get it to save, please capture a screen recording of what you’re running into please!

I’m using the Mac app and don’t see any menu at the top left, no three lines to click on, and no option to adjust audio anywhere. I did open Notifications in System Preferences and was able to turn off the annoyingly loud windchime sound, but would like to be able to turn it back on with the volume much lower. Adjusting overall volume isn’t an option.

I only find a volume bar in Ring Pro at "settings > device settings > general settings " and it is labeled “Doorbell Ringer Volume”. Is this the relavent volume bar or should I be looking elsewhere ?

Hi @Dano52. The steps you’ve listed are in reference to the ringer volume at the actual Doorbell. To get to the volume for your Chime, select the Chime instead of the Doorbell, then Audio Settings > Chime Tones and move the slider.

Sorry for not being very clear. I was referring to the chime volume on my phone.

I have all volume controls that I am aware of on max and the chime still sounds low.

Hi @Dano52. Thank you for clearing that up. To do what you’re asking, follow these steps- Menu > Devices > (Ring Device) > Devices Settings > Alert Settings >App Alert Tones and slide the volume bar. I hope this helps!

Thank to Caitlyn I have successfully sorted out the Chime - selected a ring tone and adjused the volume for same. The problem (if it is a problem) is that when we ring the doorbell it rings another ring tone outside, before it rings our chosen ring tone inside.

There are times when someone goes in or out of the door I get the doorbell ring on my mobile. I wanted to know if (a) this is the norm; and (b) if the volume of the doorbell chime and any conversation held with some one at the door, can be lowered in volume. Thanks for the help already given.

Hi @HzTh. That is the intended behavior of the Doorbell and Chime, as the Chime will play its alert after the Doorbell finishes playing its alert. As for the volume, you can adjust the Doorbell ringer volume so that the alert sound the Doorbell itself plays can be lower or higher depending on your settings. To do so, follow the steps below.

• Open the Ring App and tap the 3 lines at the top left.
  • Tap Devices and then tap your Doorbell.
  • Tap Device Settings and choose General Settings.
  • Adjust the Doorbell Ringer Volume slider.

This will change the volume of the ringer on the Doorbell itself whenever it is rung. There is not an option to change the volume of any conversations had with visitors at the door, as the Doorbell Ringer Volume setting does not affect the speaker when the two-way audio is being used. I hope that helps answer your questions! :slight_smile:

Hi Caitlyn,

Thank you so much for the help given with our Doorbell and Chime.

One last question - if we decided not to go with Ring Protect Basic, does this mean there is no video history whatsoever of happenings seen by the doorbell?

Take care,

@HzTh You’re welcome, I’m happy to help! Yes, you are correct. Without an active Ring Protect Basic or Plus subscription for your Doorbell, you will be unable to view previously recorded events in the Ring App. You’ll still be able to receive notifications and access Live View to see who is there in real-time, but you won’t be able to view any recordings without a subscription. You can learn more about Ring Protect plans in this Help Center Article. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

How do I add louder ringtones to options list? I can hardly hear the ones to choose from on max volume?

If you have an iPhone or iPad, click the 3 lines in upper corner>
Then devices>
Click on your camera>
Look for device settings>
Notification settings>
App alert tones>
Click the tone you want… and then immediately right after, before the sound stops… press your up and down volume to desired level.

Thank me later!

Hi - when I snooze the Chime Pro (v1) for X hours, is there a way to allow the Chime Pro to play the doorbell ring only if some1 is ringing my Doorbell Pro?

We work from home these days & want our 5 cams to still record motion activities but don’t ring the Chime.
However, when we snooze the Chime Pro, we lost the ability to hear doorbell rings on the Chime & our Echo Show 8.

They are correct that there is an issue in the app, or with certain phones. It isn’t a matter of not saving the volume change, or anything else listed here as a solution. I got a new Galaxy S22+, and now the chime is obnoxiously loud, where it wasnt with my S10+. I kept adjusting the volume down to the lowest setting in the Ring app one step at a time (the changes are definitely saving), and it does nothing. I change my phone’s volume, nothing. It causes me to turn my phone’s ringer off, which has made me miss important messages and calls.

Hi, New here as just installed system - I want to have a different volume set on my Chime Pro, but it will not let me. If I move one of the volume slides (eg for bell) then the other goes to the same setting.

Hi @Oldpjm. That is correct, as the volume slider will apply to the alerts for both the motions and Doorbell rings. You can’t have the volume set to a different level for each one. I hope this answers your questions. :slight_smile:

It does, but why can’t you have volume set at different level for bell and motion? That’s got to be something fairly simple to program in

@Oldpjm You’re welcome to search the Feature Request board to see if other neighbors have requested this feature before. You and other neighbors can add your feedback and vote on the request, as the Feature Request board will help us to organize and share your ideas with our teams here. Feel free to link that post you find or make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile: