How To: Adjust Chime and Chime Pro Volume

Even if I adjust it down, the first time it chimes it starts quiet and ends loud and thereafter is loud. Full volume though adjusted for 20% volume. Set it to full. Set it back to 20%. Always alerts at full volume

1 Like

Hey @Ringchimering ! Upon changing the volume on the slider, please ensure you are tapping “save” at the bottom of the screen. Once pressing the “save” button, the Chime must update those changes which is dependant on signal strength and distance from router.

Please try this again, and allow it ample time to save the volume settings. If this concern persists, try changing the tone entirely, as a test, and save to see if the Chime updates that change. Let me know how this goes!

Hello you keep saying about a volume slider but there is no volume slider anywhere and thr alerts are super loud and annoying.

If you visit your Chime device in the Ring app, you will see an “Audio Settings” option. Please select the Audio Settings, then select Chime Tones. This page will have a volume slider at the top which can be increased and decreased for the chime tone volume. :slight_smile:

Hi I don’t see anything but app alert sounds and internal doorbell (if you have one) sounds… no menu specific to the actual Ring unit. Am I missing something ?

1 Like

Question: How do I adjust the volume on a Ring Chime or Chime Pro?

Answer: Follow the steps below to adjust your Ring Chime’s volume.

Open the Ring App.
Select the menu in the top left corner.
Tap “Devices.”
Select your Chime or Chime Pro from the list of devices.
Tap on “Chime Tones.”
There is a volume slider either right above or below the sounds.

1 Like

It took me a while to find the Audio Settings – Go to Devices, then Entryway Keypad, then Audio Settings. The volume slider is there. Make sure you click SAVE after making the voume adjustment.

I have tried to change my Chime sound and volume with no luck. Do I need to have a paid account to do this?

Hey @Jules1. You do not need a paid account to do this! I recommend making sure your phone has a stable connection if you get a “Something Went Wrong” error message when trying to save your chime tones. If you continue to run into this, please reach out to our support team here!

Why is the volume option suddenly missing?

1 Like

Hey @tdaugh! If you go into your Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Chime or Chime Pro > do you not see a tile for Audio Settings? If you do not, please send over a screenshot so I can take a look at what you do see!

i can adjust the volume but it doesn’t seem to stick. when motion is detected it’s still loud even though i adjusted it down. and there is nothing on my phone screen that says save. so, i’m thinking it’s not saving the change.

@pville Could you try removing the Ring app, rebooting your device the app was on, and then reinstalling the app? Once reinstalled, try to go through and adjust this setting again! If you are still unable to get it to save, please capture a screen recording of what you’re running into please!

I’m using the Mac app and don’t see any menu at the top left, no three lines to click on, and no option to adjust audio anywhere. I did open Notifications in System Preferences and was able to turn off the annoyingly loud windchime sound, but would like to be able to turn it back on with the volume much lower. Adjusting overall volume isn’t an option.

I only find a volume bar in Ring Pro at "settings > device settings > general settings " and it is labeled “Doorbell Ringer Volume”. Is this the relavent volume bar or should I be looking elsewhere ?

Hi @Dano52. The steps you’ve listed are in reference to the ringer volume at the actual Doorbell. To get to the volume for your Chime, select the Chime instead of the Doorbell, then Audio Settings > Chime Tones and move the slider.

Sorry for not being very clear. I was referring to the chime volume on my phone.

I have all volume controls that I am aware of on max and the chime still sounds low.

Hi @Dano52. Thank you for clearing that up. To do what you’re asking, follow these steps- Menu > Devices > (Ring Device) > Devices Settings > Alert Settings >App Alert Tones and slide the volume bar. I hope this helps!

Thank to Caitlyn I have successfully sorted out the Chime - selected a ring tone and adjused the volume for same. The problem (if it is a problem) is that when we ring the doorbell it rings another ring tone outside, before it rings our chosen ring tone inside.

There are times when someone goes in or out of the door I get the doorbell ring on my mobile. I wanted to know if (a) this is the norm; and (b) if the volume of the doorbell chime and any conversation held with some one at the door, can be lowered in volume. Thanks for the help already given.

Hi @HzTh. That is the intended behavior of the Doorbell and Chime, as the Chime will play its alert after the Doorbell finishes playing its alert. As for the volume, you can adjust the Doorbell ringer volume so that the alert sound the Doorbell itself plays can be lower or higher depending on your settings. To do so, follow the steps below.

• Open the Ring App and tap the 3 lines at the top left.
  • Tap Devices and then tap your Doorbell.
  • Tap Device Settings and choose General Settings.
  • Adjust the Doorbell Ringer Volume slider.

This will change the volume of the ringer on the Doorbell itself whenever it is rung. There is not an option to change the volume of any conversations had with visitors at the door, as the Doorbell Ringer Volume setting does not affect the speaker when the two-way audio is being used. I hope that helps answer your questions! :slight_smile: