Generation 1 solar cable

I have the early black stick-up cam with a solar panel; the battery is no longer charging and I think it’s because the wire is badly frayed. It’s also possibly the battery has finally given out. I’d like to try and replace both of these before throwing them away because the camera works perfectly. Where can I obtain a replacement cord and/or battery?

Hi @Grassflats2! While we do have spare parts kits on our accessories page at Ring.com, there are not separate parts available there for the Solar Panel. There are certainly spare batteries available though!

For the Solar Panel, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I had the same problem with a cable damaged by the sun and when I called Ring they confirmed the cable can’t be replaced. I ordered the attached on Amazon and repaired the cable myself. You will only use the red and black wire connections, but I got it working.