First generation chime not resetting

Why am I being directed this community site? I want help from support?? Every time I click on support it puts me right back to here!! Is this a way to prevent people to actually contact RING support?? This is annoying!

Having issues with my ring 1st generation chime. Just changed my password for my WiFi and tried to update the password on the chime and now it’s no longer working. I tried the reset and the ring light is always on and doesn’t flash for set up. Was working fine before then. Please help.

Hey @Catsalcedo. If you would like to be in contact with out support team, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. If you reached out to our chat team, you may have been redirected to the Community and to call, but this is because Community is our neighbor to neighbor support forum. This is a great place to have questions on your device or thoughts from other neighbors. Often times, it may be awhile until you get a response from a moderator like myself or another neighbor. We can help as much as possible here, but some things are best followed up with your personal account and device(s).

Since you have tried the reset and it was to no avail, I do recommend being in contact with them for a follow up. Please feel free to come back and let us know how this goes, as your answer may help other neighbors that find themselves in a similar situation! :slight_smile:

Hi Chelsea,

Thank you for your reply. I had finally called to try to figure things out but apparently since there is only a year warranty I am out of luck. I tried pressing the reset button for 5 seconds and up to a minute with no luck. You wouldn’t have any other tips by any chance? Thank you.

Anthony

@Catsalcedo Thank you for updating me and so sorry to hear you were out of the warranty period! At this time there are not any additional troubleshooting steps to take, but I do recommend upgrading to the 2nd generation of the Chime if you need to replace this device. For the future, I recommend obtaining a Ring Protect Plus Plan, as this Plus Plan gives you an extended warranty on all devices that the Plus Plan is covering (all devices for the plan’s location) to help ensure you can get any replacement you may need in the future if you are out of the standard warranty time frame.