First Alert Functionalty

Do the alerts from a First Alert CO/Smoke detector delineate between each of those alarms?

Thanks

Hey there, @Lacampbell2005! The First Alert Z-Wave Smoke/CO Alarm does have a different sound on the physical alarm for when it detects smoke verse CO. In the Ring App, you will get a notification for whether smoke or CO was detected as well, so you’ll know what is setting off your Ring Alarm as well. Make sure you have the Ring Alarm first, as the First Alert will only connect via Ring Alarm!

Do I still need to buy the " Alarm Smoke & CO Listener" from Ring to make the " First Alert Z-Wave Smoke/CO Alarm " work? Or is the First Alert Z-Wave Smoke/CO Alarm can already work seamlessly with my Ring Alarm System.

Thanks,

Paul

Hey @PAULSIBAL, happy to step in for Chelsea and answer that question for you. If you have the First Alert Z-Wave Smoke/CO Alarm, you will not need to add the Alarm Smoke & CO Listener as well. The First Alert can be added into the Ring Alarm system directly within the Ring App, so a Listener is not needed for it to function. I hope that helps! :slight_smile: