Chime not working

Spoke with support today and we were able to get my Chime Pro back online, but it appears to be failing when trying to update itself, and then getting stuck in a loop. Support was able to block the update so i can use the chime while they ship me a replacement unit. Great support experience so far.

1 Like

Same issue here. Have original Chime and it just stopped working. Went through all the steps in this forum and even called tech support. They had me plug it in upside down and repeat reset attempts… didn’t work.

I was told it was out of warranty so I am out of luck… too bad, not our fault, there is nothing we can do.

I asked if they knew what the problem was that all these Chimes were bricking, and was told they had no idea. I understand if the device fails under normal use, but for all these Chimes to be “functional” but not able to reset sounds to me like a pushed firmware issue, or a board failure.

My chime also stopped working. The light does not come on, I tried resetting it several times and followed the directions for a longer reset (15 seconds, then wait a minute). And, I’ve tried plugging it upside down as well and no luck. This _ does __ _appear to be a device issue with so many others reporting the same problem. It’s starting to sound like Ring should fix these for free or at a discount if out of warranty.

Mine is not working either. It just stays blue. Tried everything but nothing helped.

This brand begins to show problems everyday and the manufacturer hides behind “it’s out of warranty”, when they know they have a dud on their hands, which will bring them down! Everyone knows that chips are not perfect and they fail, some sooner than later, everyone has to also know that Ring has manufacturing issues with products…and support…and warranty limits! I bought mine from Costco and they will happily return it, thank God that they are the best company out there (without a warranty for dud products). Work on it harder RING!!

Same problem here, just noticed a couple of weeks ago our original Chime Pro is no longer working. Since then I’ve Tried all reset combinations no luck and now found this thread :frowning:

I have the same issues, my chime device had been working for over 2yrs with no fault. Now it will not connect to our network, and I am unable to rest the device. The last health check of the device was on the 15May 2020 (Only 3 days ago) and firmware is reported up to date. I am awaiting a response from an email to the support team.

Ring Chime will not power up. It was working fine and just quit. Tried reset options, unplugge it and allowed to set for a minute or two then plugged it back in. Tried multiple outlets and the Blue Ring never flashes. I’ve asked and there is no fuse or baterry etc. that can be user serviced.

I’ve read the other post for this issue and found no help. I’m out of options. Help?

Hi, my Chime Pro stopped working suddenly. The outlet is receiving power as I tested with another device but the chime pro is not showing any light pulse despite following the reset instructions multiple times. Please help.

1 Like

Just reporting that I have the exact same issue. The blue light stays on after unplugging and replugging, as well as after any length of time holding the reset button. I’ll be watching for some solution, but I haven’t seen anyone reporting one in this forum. I have two Chimes, and the other one works fine.

Hi,

My ring chime first generation won’t connect to our network.
It won’t reset by pressing the small bottom,

I don’t know what else to try

1 Like

I have the same issue - the blue light is not coming on at all.

I did find that you can still connect your phone to the “chime###” WiFi then use the app to try to connect to WiFi, but still it does not complete the connection.

1 Like

Tried multiple outlets and now power. Device probably toast? Not even a year old…good grief.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

All of a sudden it powered up again after being plugged in for about 20 minutes lol. Very weird.

1 Like

Great job covering these steps @jdhjab! Your Chime should certainly be working. Understanding that the device does not light up as it is intended to, try completing a setup in the Ring app anyway. Follow the steps as normal, and see if the Ring setup network will show up and allow you to complete a setup.

If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Hi neighbors! You will notice some of your posts were moved to this thread as the experience or feedback is similar in nature. This is not at all the experience we intend, and we are here to help with a solution.

We’ve seen many neighbors have success by simply power cycling (unplugging and plugging back in) the Chime, or even trying on another outlet. If you have already tried this, please also remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device and attempt a setup, even if the Chime light is not illuminating.

The next best step, if setup is still failing or Chime is not responding, is to reset your Chime. To reset your Chime please hold the setup button for 20 seconds. Once complete, your Chime should definitely complete a setup, whether it is via scanning the bar code, or through the manual setup process.

If this concern persists even after trying the above steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. Feel free to also let us know how this goes, as we will be sharing this feedback with our teams here! :slight_smile:

An update. I had called support and followed their restart and installation steps again. The chime did not connect. They simply said that the device is defective and out of warranty. I did mention this thread to them. But all I got was a response that it was very unlikely for multiple chime devices stopped working in the same month. No answer why the device would become defective after working well and no physical contact with the device up until it stopped working. Would recommend all to call tech support to highlight this issue. Very disappointed with the result.

1 Like

Same issue happened for me. So weired that it is happening to so many people now.

I tried reset 5,10, 20, 30, 40 seconds but the chime just stay on and not blinking.

Plugged off and on again but nothing is working. Seems that those chimes have a defect or wrong firmware update.

Hi everybody!

I had the same exact problem with my Chime that I’ve owned for a long time that decided to go offline. Long story short. I managed to speak with a Ring support rep on the phone. Instead of holding the reset button in for 5 or 15 seconds, the rep had me hold it in for 30 seconds. I know it sounds crazy but it worked. The Chime was able to reconnect to my WiFi network and is now working normal. I have read that other people have tried holding in the reset button for not only 30 seconds but longer with no luck. Maybe their Chime devices have different issues than mine. ??‍♂️For whatever reason, my Chime was able to reconnect at 30 seconds. I hope this helps. Good luck!!! ??

2 Likes

Same here. Did anyone find a solution?
How can I contact the support team ?

I have the same problem.

My app reports that it last connected on 6/4/20, but being in the UK I don’t know whether that is 6th April (as per UK) or 4th June (as per US).

I was wondering whether all those people effected have the original Ring Chime (box like with a horizontal grill) or the “all-new” Chime (with a flatter profile and mesh-like front).

If it is just the original, then being cynical, it does seem coincidental that people’s original Ring Chime has suddenly stopped working at the same time as the launch of a replacement!

N.B. Just got off the phone to their support - “Your product is out of warranty. Sorry for any inconvenience. Goodbye.”