Chime not working

Hey.
I performed a hold of 30 seconds, this did not help.

I tried to hold for 40 and 50 seconds, nothing has changed.

5 Likes

@telegare This is a fantastic video! Thank you so much for performing this additional step, and even though we still don’t have it back to working for you, this does help speed up the process for you. If you can, please reach out to our support team here.

Before you give them a chat or a call, email in these links to your videos and also a brief description of why you are emailing them to help@ring.com From there, you can give them a chat or a call, ask them to review those videos and help you out with the best next steps.

Please report back to us to let us know what they were able to do further for you!

Not so fantastic at all :cry:

5, 15, 30, 45, 50, 60, 90, 120 seconds… it’s a joke! Chime is not going into setup mode…

A lot of people are dealing with this, please help us! It’s so frustrating.

I myself have tried for weeks and nothing happens.

1 Like

Hey @rfidder, as stated, if you are unable to get your Chime into setup mode after trying the troubleshooting steps that have been discussed in this thread, you will need to follow up with our support team here. This is a neighbor to neighbor forum and not a direct line to support forum.

I recommend reporting this to our support team in order to get the adequate follow up, especially if the troubleshooting steps discussed have not resolved your concern. The support team can look into your specific device and account and I can ensure you they will get you to a solution speedily!

I also encourage you to come back to forum once you have reached a solution to share this to help other neighbors in this forum that have not reached out yet. :slight_smile:

I have the same issue. Support’s only solution after I told them that I had powered off for hours, pushed the reset while it was plugging in for 15, 30, and 60 seconds was … “it doesn’t work and it is out of warranty”. Unless your Chime is in warranty, if it has this problem just chuck it. They have no other tricks. Whether you buy a new one or not is up to you :slight_smile:

I have two ring chimes that have also stopped working. Tried resetting for more than a minute with no result.

It seems lots of people have this problem!

Either there is hardware problem where something is dieing in everyones chimes, or perhaps:

Perhaps Ring pushed a bad update and killed all out chimes!

edit:

I just spent 45 minutes on chat support and they agreed to send me two replacement units! Get in touch with support and mention this thread.

3 Likes

Sort of glad to see that I am not the only one that is having this issue.

I got Chime V2 on Saturday, direct from Ring.com because my Chime V1 that I got with the Ring Pro stopped working wouldn’t power cycle at all.

Initially set up the new Chime after removing the old one from my account, and then it works for a few hours than it goes Offline. When I power cycle it remains offline but the blue light is solid indicating that it is working, supposedly.

I have tried to do the Soft and Hard resets, and find it hard to get it into the setup mode. It often takes hours and very many attempts to get it into the slow flash setup mode again.

Had it working for 1 day and bit days and today I noticed it has dropped off again. There is definitely something wrong with these devices. The cameras and doorbells are not having the same issue. The V1 has no issues connecting to wifi/account in the 2 years that I had it, but this V2 is something else and needs to be fixed!

1 Like

My chime Does not connect to my WiFi anymore

@Po11 If you are having a concern getting your Chime connected back to your wifi, please make sure that all ports and protocols are opened on your router’s settings first. From there, do a reset of your Chime by pressing and holding the setup button for 30 seconds (if you have a tiny hole, press the pin in the hole for 30 seconds). Try to get the Chime reconnected to your wifi and if you still have this concern, please reach out to our support team here.

My Chime stopped working about a month and a half ago. No joy connecting it back up either. Have tried on other devices… still nothing…

Same experience here. Chime pro gen 1 stopped working around Apr 11th, constant medium blink (2 blinks per second). I can reset with the 30 second button hold, re-run setup, but when it reconnects to my wifi I get one blnk every 3-4 seconds for about 1 minute, and then it returns to the medium blink. Very frustrated. Going to call support today.

Spoke with support today and we were able to get my Chime Pro back online, but it appears to be failing when trying to update itself, and then getting stuck in a loop. Support was able to block the update so i can use the chime while they ship me a replacement unit. Great support experience so far.

1 Like

Same issue here. Have original Chime and it just stopped working. Went through all the steps in this forum and even called tech support. They had me plug it in upside down and repeat reset attempts… didn’t work.

I was told it was out of warranty so I am out of luck… too bad, not our fault, there is nothing we can do.

I asked if they knew what the problem was that all these Chimes were bricking, and was told they had no idea. I understand if the device fails under normal use, but for all these Chimes to be “functional” but not able to reset sounds to me like a pushed firmware issue, or a board failure.

My chime also stopped working. The light does not come on, I tried resetting it several times and followed the directions for a longer reset (15 seconds, then wait a minute). And, I’ve tried plugging it upside down as well and no luck. This _ does __ _appear to be a device issue with so many others reporting the same problem. It’s starting to sound like Ring should fix these for free or at a discount if out of warranty.

Mine is not working either. It just stays blue. Tried everything but nothing helped.

This brand begins to show problems everyday and the manufacturer hides behind “it’s out of warranty”, when they know they have a dud on their hands, which will bring them down! Everyone knows that chips are not perfect and they fail, some sooner than later, everyone has to also know that Ring has manufacturing issues with products…and support…and warranty limits! I bought mine from Costco and they will happily return it, thank God that they are the best company out there (without a warranty for dud products). Work on it harder RING!!

Same problem here, just noticed a couple of weeks ago our original Chime Pro is no longer working. Since then I’ve Tried all reset combinations no luck and now found this thread :frowning:

I have the same issues, my chime device had been working for over 2yrs with no fault. Now it will not connect to our network, and I am unable to rest the device. The last health check of the device was on the 15May 2020 (Only 3 days ago) and firmware is reported up to date. I am awaiting a response from an email to the support team.

Ring Chime will not power up. It was working fine and just quit. Tried reset options, unplugge it and allowed to set for a minute or two then plugged it back in. Tried multiple outlets and the Blue Ring never flashes. I’ve asked and there is no fuse or baterry etc. that can be user serviced.

I’ve read the other post for this issue and found no help. I’m out of options. Help?

Hi, my Chime Pro stopped working suddenly. The outlet is receiving power as I tested with another device but the chime pro is not showing any light pulse despite following the reset instructions multiple times. Please help.

1 Like

Just reporting that I have the exact same issue. The blue light stays on after unplugging and replugging, as well as after any length of time holding the reset button. I’ll be watching for some solution, but I haven’t seen anyone reporting one in this forum. I have two Chimes, and the other one works fine.