Chime not connecting to wifi

I found a solution by my own trial and error.

When the App prompts you to use the WiFi in it’s memory, decline it.

You will then be taken to a page showing available WiFi Networks.

Selet your network and re-enter the network password.

Connected!!

Do not use the stored network in the app when setting up.

Decline the offer and re-select your network, and enter the network password again.

Connected!

Do not use the stored network in the app when setting up.

Decline the offer and re-select your network, and enter the network password again.

Connected!!

1 Like

For me it ended up being Location not turned on in my phone during setup. Took talking to a tech for about 15 mins before that came up. Odd how it never asked for that during setup.

1 Like

Thank you for your brilliant advice, no way could i get my chime to pair with my wi fi, after reading what you said about putting no in when showing your wifi id and then re entering your wi fi details plus wi fi password , it worked perfectly . Thank you for your advice .

Thank you! It finally works! Re-entering the password was key.

1 Like

The trick is when it ask you to connect to the wifi click no . Then click on WiFi and putin password.
It took me 5days and about 14 hrs.
And a second chime.

1 Like

Solved! After 2 hours of trying, but the chime never searching for my home wifi, I got the answer from Ring support. On Android phones, location and Bluetooth must be on for the setup (if you encounter this same error). Once I enabled those, it immediately continued in the setup process.

3 Likes

Yup- turning location on is what finally worked! Must be an android thing.

1 Like

Worked for me on Android. Do not accept the WiFi and then select it from list. I assume if you don’t do this it trys to connect to 5 GHz. Also remember to turn on location before starting.

That worked for me (y)

At this point, I’d ask for my money back. You have never been able to use it and you have tried everything to get it to connect to your network. I am having the same issue with my chime, although mine previously worked. I had to get a new modem and now my chime won’t connect to the network. Ring doesn’t seem to have an answer.

Answering “No” to the “Do you want to use this network again?” question worked for me. Thanks Wetty!

The main problem that I have, is that I don’t have the option to choose “No” , when I am about to select whether I have used this network before or not.
And the second issue I have is that when I reset my chime, or unplugged it plug it back in, it won’t flash slowly. It flashes fast, then it stops, and I never get the chance to connect it.

It doesn’t ask me to choose a network. It brings up the chime network and then just says it can’t find wifi or I may not be close to the router. Even though I am doing the setup right next to the router.

Hey neighbors! During the Chime setup there are a couple steps for connecting to a network. Within the first few setup steps in the Ring app, the app will want to pair with the Chime setup network. This is where you will visit your mobile device wifi settings/ list and connect to the Chime setup access point. Once connected, return to the app and continue through the setup steps in the Ring app.

At the end of your setup, the Ring app will then ask you to choose your home wifi network from a list. If your network is not showing up there, please tap the “add a hidden network” option on this page to manually enter your wifi information.

If this concern persists, despite trying the above steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

It worked! finally ! Thanks!

1 Like

Had issue with connecting door chime… Firstly my door chime came part of a kit and I had no idea which one to pick from list (Ring please put model description on box it would help massively)
Kept getting failed message and what I found worked was when it asks to connect to same WiFi system say No and search and select from WiFi lists and re enter WiFi code

1 Like

Thanks Wetty this worked!

1 Like

I wish I had read further into the posts before I found this out…put on your locator and then follow the directions…problem solved!

1 Like