Chime not connecting to wifi

thanks a lot for sharing! I tried all the steps I have read and these steps works! Thank you!!!

I also have an chime. It have been working for about a year, but 2 days ago it was just flashing, app said it was offline. I tried to reconnect but it wont work. Tried «everything» it goes well unitl it is supposed to connect to wifi, it sees the wifi with strong signal. But refuses to connect. Tried to connect t another router aswell but does not connect to that either. Any suggestions?

Hi SHR1,

After being on the call to the tech support team for an hour, going through all the troubleshooting steps I already did myself again with the rep, it turns out the chime has become faulty. Ring are sending a replacement! They cannot tell me why the chime has become faulty…so I wonder how long the new one will take to break! I would advise for you to contact the support team if you wish to have a replacement device.

hi all just installed a ring doorbell 3 from one of the shopping channels it was an absolute breeze no problem whatsoever until i came to fitting the chime it took four hours of painstaking re set after re -set it would not connect i had my neighbour try do help as well as he as a unit as well until we found out the problem!!! its not having it closer to the hub or doorbell itself iits setting it up on an android phone!!! it just wont have it, clear everything down re -set it and set up on an ipad or i phone 5mins max straight through hope this helps and ring solve the problem with android phones

I am ready to send the Chime extender back. Nothing works even got a professional installer to try this. Nada, Zilch and no reply from Ring help.

Thank you Wetty,

Our friendly local policeman came in, followed your instructions and I am now set up. there are some rewards of living in small community where neighbours help each other.

Kind thoughts

I found a solution by my own trial and error.

When the App prompts you to use the WiFi in it’s memory, decline it.

You will then be taken to a page showing available WiFi Networks.

Selet your network and re-enter the network password.

Connected!!

Do not use the stored network in the app when setting up.

Decline the offer and re-select your network, and enter the network password again.

Connected!

Do not use the stored network in the app when setting up.

Decline the offer and re-select your network, and enter the network password again.

Connected!!

1 Like

For me it ended up being Location not turned on in my phone during setup. Took talking to a tech for about 15 mins before that came up. Odd how it never asked for that during setup.

1 Like

Thank you for your brilliant advice, no way could i get my chime to pair with my wi fi, after reading what you said about putting no in when showing your wifi id and then re entering your wi fi details plus wi fi password , it worked perfectly . Thank you for your advice .

Thank you! It finally works! Re-entering the password was key.

1 Like

The trick is when it ask you to connect to the wifi click no . Then click on WiFi and putin password.
It took me 5days and about 14 hrs.
And a second chime.

1 Like

Solved! After 2 hours of trying, but the chime never searching for my home wifi, I got the answer from Ring support. On Android phones, location and Bluetooth must be on for the setup (if you encounter this same error). Once I enabled those, it immediately continued in the setup process.

3 Likes

Yup- turning location on is what finally worked! Must be an android thing.

1 Like

Worked for me on Android. Do not accept the WiFi and then select it from list. I assume if you don’t do this it trys to connect to 5 GHz. Also remember to turn on location before starting.

That worked for me (y)

At this point, I’d ask for my money back. You have never been able to use it and you have tried everything to get it to connect to your network. I am having the same issue with my chime, although mine previously worked. I had to get a new modem and now my chime won’t connect to the network. Ring doesn’t seem to have an answer.

Answering “No” to the “Do you want to use this network again?” question worked for me. Thanks Wetty!

The main problem that I have, is that I don’t have the option to choose “No” , when I am about to select whether I have used this network before or not.
And the second issue I have is that when I reset my chime, or unplugged it plug it back in, it won’t flash slowly. It flashes fast, then it stops, and I never get the chance to connect it.