Chime not connecting to wifi

I connected and used Ring chime for over a year now with no issues. Yesterday I noticed the Ring logo blinking slowly. I tried to reconnect the device via the app, which didnt work. I thought removing and adding the device as ‘fresh install’ would do the trick, but this didn’t work.

During set up, the blue light flashes slowly, and when the ring app connects after selecting WIFI, it flashes quickly for about 15 seconds then goes back to flashing slowly and soon after the phone displays ‘Hmm, something went wrong, device doesnt want to connect to the internet’. I followed all the instructions on these 4 pages to no avail (ensured WIFI is on 2.4GHz, during set up selecting ‘no’ for connecting to previous WIFI and selecting 2.4GHz WIFI and entering password carefully, WIFI does not have special characters, location on, factory reset of chime etc). I also tried adding the chime to WIFI hotspot on mobile phone and still nothing. Funnily enough the Ring doorbell 2 is connected and working absolutely fine.

Anything further I can try?

2 Likes