Chime is blinking a red light

I have a 2nd generation chime and it has a blinking red light, is there something wrong with it? What does a blinking red light mean?

Hi @Mdonlin185. A flashing red light on the Chime 2nd Gen means that the device is offline or has not internet connection. Are you able to reconnect it under the Device Health section in the Ring app for the Chime?

I have exactly the same problem when trying to connect to my WiFi with the 2nd generation chime.

I can get it to connect to an android hotspot where it attempts a firmware update but seems to get stuck.

Only way out is to reset and try again.

Have spoken to support twice with no success. On the second call I was put through to second line support but had to end the call because I could only hear every other word.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi @AndyT. Since you have already been in touch with support who then passed you onto our level two support team, I recommend calling back whenever you have a free chance, as you will need to get follow up from them. They should be able to work with your further on this and see if the Chime needs to be replaced. Please let me know how this followup call goes! :slight_smile:

mine is blinking red yet shows online on the app and I’m able to control it without any issues.

1 Like

My chime V2 was flashing a complex sequence of slow/fast red flashes this morning: turned it off for 30 minutes: when switched on again its come up blue, solid, so have not tried health check. I cannot find a chime V2 maual online (have the original chime manual), and if I could find it, would it explain the meaning of the red flashes?

Hey neighbors! If you’re seeing a different light pattern on your Chime or if it’s not maintaining a reliable connection to the internet and performing as expected, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to work with you individually and provide more advanced troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I’m having the same problem
Flashing red light and when I try re-connecting it
The ring chime cannot find my internet WiFi
I think I’m going to throw it in the bin

Hi neighbors. A flashing red light indicates your Chime has lost internet connection and needs to be reconnected. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open your Ring app.
  • Tap the three lines at the top left
  • Tap Devices
  • Select the Chime Pro
  • Tap Device Health
  • In the Network section tap on Change Wi-Fi Network, Reconnect to Wi-Fi or Change Connection Type

If reconnecting it fails, you can try factory resetting your Chime by pressing and holding the setup button for 20–30 seconds, and then reconnecting it to your wifi. If that does not work, try rebooting your router by unplugging it for 10 seconds and plugging it back in, and then attempt another reconnection while also temporarily plugging your Chime closer to your router. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.