Chime has no sound

Hi

When someone rings my doorbell pro I get a notification on the app but no sound coming from the chime.

The device health in-app looks all good and I’ve removed the app and reinstalled it and removed the chime and reinstalled that but still no sound. Also when I test the sound via the app there is no sound either.

Thanks

1 Like

Hey there, @TiNiB! Excellent work trying these steps to obtain Chime sounds. The next best step will be to check the Chime Volume. In the same page as Chime tones, there will be a volume slider, please ensure this is turned up. Next, visit the Video Doorbell Pro page in the Ring app, and check the linked Chimes option to ensure both motion and ring alerts are enabled. Distance to router is another variable worth checking, as the communication for audio may not make it to the Chime if it is too far, or behind an signal interfering object. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks Marley

I checked the volume and it’s up to the max and the ring doorbell has the chime linked to it for both doorbell and motion. The chime is next to the router and has been chiming since I bought it for some reason it stopped working a couple of weeks ago.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick update on this! Those steps just about covers anything I can think to be related to Chime troubleshooting. As you know, there is not much to explore as these are often straightforward in operation. The only unique factor that we have not checked, is network settings. As you’ve mentioned this working prior, if you have not changed your network equipment or settings, you can likely skip this step. If you’ve had a network change, please check for any network settings that might block the Chime or audio from producing sound. Our help center article about ports and protocols might help further, in this case.

Otherwise, this sounds like a potential concern with the Chime speaker, or even software, in which our support team can certainly take a closer look. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

After installing in October 2022, my Ring-brand “Chime Gen2” I noticed it no longer has sound output. I’ve removed the device, and reinstalled several times using various electrical outlets and temporarily got sound output; but when I went to change the ring and motion tones, the sound output stopped; and the Chime Gen2 gave a message on my iPhone app merely telling me the Chime was updating, then failed. I’ll try to get a new Chime device using our 1-year warranty from our home builder (brand new house).

Hi @user47904. I’d recommend getting in touch with our support team to see if there are any other troubleshooting steps available for your Chime. They can also assist with reviewing your device’s warranty to determine if a replacement is needed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.