Chime alert tones

I’m unable to change the motion or ring alerts in ringtones. They keep returning to their default settings

Hey, I’m experiencing the same issue. I’ve tried hard reseting the chime itself, reinstalling the app, disconnecting cameras from it, and even plugged it in 10 feet away from my wifi router; all to no avail. I also can’t seem to control the volume. The slider saves the new position in the app, but the chime itself still plays the same default sounds at the same default volume level.

My unit is the Chime Pro, only 3 days old.

Hey Jim47, no one replied to our thread here, but I saw another one just now where others were facing the same problem… one user reported calling support, and that they stated that it was an issue with the Ring system but it had been fixed. So I went and tried to change my chime tones again just now, and viola! Works like a charm now. Go try yours again and see what’s up. Cheers :slight_smile:

I have a new chime and I have the same problem. No matter what I do I can’t change the ring tone. I guess I’ll be listening to Deck the Halls forever ?

Hey @Pretzel! If you are still unable to change your chime tones, please remove the Ring app and reinstall it on your mobile device. This will help to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your phone. Please also ensure bluetooth and VPN are disabled, and that no apps running in the background are interfering with this operation.

I recommend also trying this on wifi only, as well as data only to confirm the best connection for your mobile device and the app. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Marley! That solution worked perfectly!

1 Like