Chime Pro

Can you use 1 Chime Pro and 2 doorbells together and make them have different tones? Or do I need a second Chime?

Hey @WayneM. The Chime Pro will only produce two different tones for all devices - either motion detected or doorbell rings. You can change these two tones, but it will be unable to play a different tone depending on the device that has activity, and therefore you will need a second Chime that can be assigned for a specific Ring device.

I can’t get my chime pro to accept my WiFi network. Chime pro says the signal strength is too low. Actually it is sitting right next to the router!

Hi @Bogey2. If this is the newest 2nd Gen Chime Pro, it is dual band capable. This means it can connect to both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz networks. I recommend using the 2.4 ghz and ensure the router, as well as other electronic devices, are not too close, to avoid interference.

As the signal should certainly be sufficient in the same room as the router, try completing this setup on another mobile device, if possible. Ensuring apps are closed and trying different connection types (wifi/ mobile data) on your mobile device can also help. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I just set up another door video doorbell 3 to replace the video door bell pro. It set up very well sitting next to the router. For some reason the Chime Pro will not take the WiFi network. The new Video Doorball 3 had no hesitation.

As your Doorbell setup no problem, you are correct in thinking the Chime should do the same. We certainly intend for the setup and connection to be just as quick and easy. If the above steps did not help to resolve this concern, try enabling a standard guest network on your router as a test, to connect the Chime to. During the wifi connection step in the Ring app, there is also an option to “add a hidden network”. This will allow you to manually enter your wifi information, and could work.

If this Chime is still not connecting, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

How do I connect the chime pro to the ring network? When I try on an Android it tells me to go to WiFi settings and select the ring network but there’s nothing there
I do it on an IOS device and it comes up but says can’t join network. How do I connect or is it faulty?

Hey @Aleisha. If the device is in setup mode, then you should be able to connect to that setup network. Please ensure your device is in setup mode, and if you still cannot connect your phone through the setup network when prompted, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

The Chime Pro can work with multiple door bells. In the setup for each Vm door bell, you can change the ring type so you know when door is being rung.