Chime Pro not connecting to Wi-Fi due to poor Signal

My Chime is plugged in next to my wi-fi router but it won’t connect due to poor signal strength. It was working before, but it just stopped about 2 days ago. I can connect my phone and every other wi-fi device on the same SSID with a minimum of 99% signal strength. What do I need to do to get my Chime working again?

Hi @vmashburn. You may want to try resetting the Chime and setting it back up in the Ring App to get it connected to your wifi. You can reset the Chime by holding down the setup button on the side for at least 20 seconds. Once that’s complete, try walking through a new setup in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. Let me know how that works for you! :slight_smile:

I got it to work. It turned out that my doorbell had disconnected from the network and wouldnt connect back. Once I got the doorbell back on the network, the Chime also connected. Very strange, but it is working now.

1 Like

hi all

i have the same problem with a new setup reset it twice but still wont connect

Hi @mal. If you’re still unable to connect your Chime after performing a reset, you can try rebooting your router by unplugging it for about 30 seconds and plugging it back in. It may take about 5 minutes for the router to boot back up completely. You’ll want to make sure you’re setting up the Chime near the router as well.

Should the concern persist after rebooting your router, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. Our support team can dig deeper into this issue and provide you with more advanced troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I had this same problem, and tried about a dozen times at multiple locations to setup around a small home. Only after changing my WiFi name and password to remove all special characters, was the Chime Pro able to connect simply and easily on the first go.

1 Like