Chime Pro fast blinking light

What does a fast blinking light (about 2 times per second) mean on the Chime Pro? Nothing seems to be wrong with it. It chimes correctly when the doorbell is pressed. The doorbell is not currently connected to the ChimePro network, as my normal wifi connection is strong enough.

Hey @MacAttack. This could mean that the device is simply rebooting, updating its firmware or checking in to make sure it’s online. Do you see this blink all the time, or just occasionally?

It’s been fast blinking for the past serveral days.

@MacAttack Have you tried unplugging/plugging it back in? Does it show as online in your app? Have you tried a reset on the device if the blinking is constant (for more than a few minutes)? The reset will be as follows: while the device is plugged in, press and hold the setup button on the side (if it’s a hole, grab a small pin that fits and press and hold) for 30 seconds.

No, I hadn’t tried any of those. I went to check on it this morning, and it is no longer blinking. I guess it fixed itself!

1 Like

I have the same issue. Everything is working fine and mine has been blinking for days.

This is odd to hear of, @Kmillar! As mentioned above, a blinking light is often due to an update, but can also be due to setup mode. Of course, noticing this consistently for days, should not happen. Please ensure the Chime is close enough to your router for an update to complete, and nothing is obstructing or pressing against the Chime. I recommend also ensuring the Chime is securely seated in the outlet and not loose. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

My Ring Chime used to work just fine with my Ring doorbell, via my WiFi network. Then it stopped working and now no matter what I do - power-cycle, reset button for 3 minutes, etc - all it does is flash rapidly. It shows up in my WiFi network at 192.168.1.250, and I can in fact ping 192.168.1.250 so it appears to actually be connected OK to my WLAN. However, it is not associated with my Ring Doorbell and does not show up in the Ring app. All it does is flash quickly for weeks on end. The Chime is located less than 2 meters from my Asus GT-AX11000 Pro router. HOW DO I FIX THIS THING!?!?!

Hi @milosz. You have tried all the basic troubleshooting steps I would have recommended for your concern. The next best step to take is to contact our support team for further assistance. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.