Chime - Alerting on motion but turned off in the app?

I have my chime connect to my doorbell and in the app I have configured it to only notify me when someone rings the doorbell - ie motion disabled

The chime appears to makes a sound when motion is detected at the door - not always but frequently?

Is this a bug or I have configured something incorrectly?

Paul

Hey @PJR1. The Chime should only go off when the Doorbell is rung if that is how you have it set up. If this happens again, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. They can take a deeper look into this to clear up any concerns you may still have! :slight_smile:

I have this same problem. I have a floodlight cam and doorbell. It’s extremely irritating to every inside if someone is outside. Snoozing the motion on devices doesn’t do anything other stopping alerts to the app. Snoozing the Chime seems to be the answer. But this still doesn’t stop Alexa etc. I would like an answer as well. It’s pretty annoying and honestly.