Cannot change Chime ringtone

I can’t update my tone, I tried both on and off wifi, and tried closing and reopening the app. I am using an iPhone XR, have software 13.6, and just downloaded the Ring app today.

Same issue as others.

Tried:

android

ios

rebooting

wifi

4g

reinstalling

resetting 60 seconds.

Come one, this isn’t rocket science, it’s changing a sound on a doorbell.

I am having exactly the same issue. RING Doorbell 2 and Chime was delivered and commissioned yesterday. Today I cannot update the Chime Movement and Motion Chimes (I just get the default tones) and the Android App simply gives the error “Sorry. There was a problem saving your Chime tone. Please try again”. This is with my Wi-Fi connection AND Mobile Data". Very poor experience straight out of the box.

Same problem here with Chime 2 installed yesterday 8/5/20. Is there a solution or not ?
More than happy to return the device .

iOS 13.6

Ring app latest download yesterday 8/5

chime firmware “Up to Date”

Likewise having the same problem.

Ring installed today and when I try to update the ring the chimes led flashes green and blue for a couple of seconds and the phone shows Updating settings. After a while the phone shows an error (screenshot attached)

Iphone running IOS 13.6

Ring App 5.29.0

Wifi

4G

Chimes reset and setup up again

App deleted and re-installed

Please sort this out.

I have same issue. Tried everything suggested in the posts. I have a Ring 3 and bought a Ring Chime today. Seems that you cannot change the chime. Maybe a refund will help

Hi,

I’ve just installed a new Ring with chime device and I’m having the same problem. Volume can be adjusted, but not the chime tone.

Tried the suggested resolution, but I just get an error.

Samsung Galaxy S10

Android 10

Ring app 3.29.0

Firmware says its up to date

Tried wifi and mobile network

Tried reset

Not bothered with images or recordings as it doesn’t appear to have made any difference to other users with the same issue.

1 Like

Yet ANOTHER user here waiting for an actual solution. I’ve tried all the steps, resetting, force closing, used wifi only, then mobile only, have uninstalled, restarted phone, reinstalled, reset, changed passwords, etc. This is a complete waste if we can’t use the chime that we purchased and set the tone to what we want to hear when the thing is triggered. PLEASE, for the love of all that is holy, get your software engineers to figure out the glitch.

Just bought the chime yesterday. Ran into the problem of not being able to update the sound. Found this forum and learned this is a known and longstanding problem. I don’t think I have read where anyone was able to fix the problem. Disappointing, RING. Disappointing.

Believe me or not but your are luckier owner of chime as your device still make at least some sound.

There are many of us now whose Chime (the original version) stopped working in few last weeks.

It simply disconnected from wifi network and and it is not possible to reset it in any way. It’s essentially bricked and we can throw it away (if it is out of warranty).

Wishing you to not to join this growing group ever.

For more info check thread “Chime not working”.

EDIT: Today I spent an hour on a call with support and eventually they promissed to send me new Chime device. It can be lehghty but it is worth to call Support.

1 Like

Just purchased the ring and chime, installed it yesterday and immediately realized I cannot stand the default chime. I guess I’m added in with the growing list of people who cannot get this resolved and currently support isn’t even responding to device troubleshooting. It’s very disappointing, and the default tone is just terrible! No picture or specs because it doesn’t seem to matter.

I spoke to customer support yesterday and went through the normal diagnostic procedures with the agent. The agent (who was helpful) said he would need to raise it with the next support level (engineering I beleive).

Today I tried again and it is working !!! The app allows the update (as before) but now the chime flashes green for about 5 seconds and the app does not give the error but a new button appears “TEST”. Pressing TEST plays the sounds I selected for Motion and Doorbell. I’m hoping this fixes everyones issues who posted.

Tim.

Just tried and can confirm it is now working for me also.

I’m having the same issue with the Chime 2nd generatios…I did everything showed here and nothing…I have last Android version on Galaxy S20…I dont know how to do…

Same happening to me…and did like you everything…waiting for solution.

I’ve attempted hard resetting my chime. I have also reset and uninstalled the app from my phone: Clearing the app cache and memory. I have tried connecting to a different wifi network in the house.

Still always getting the same message; ‘There was a problem saving your Chime tone. Please try again’.

The chime flashes blue for 5 seconds and then goes solid blue.

Chime is up to date. Signal strength is RSSI - 53

Hi neighbors! If your Chime tone is not saving as intended, this is often a sign of communication interference. As a test, moving your Chime closer to your router and changing the tone there will factor out interferences with wifi. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. On your mobile device, try saving this tone on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I have exactly the same issues and have tried all the steps mentioned here.

Why do you mark this issue as SOLWED when its clearly not ?

1 Like

Same here…

Error when attempting to update chime sound…

‘Something went wrong. Sorry about that! Please try again in a moment.’

This happens on/off WIFI.

This issue is NOT resolved, please advise.

MD

Sorry to hear about this, neighbors. If you’ve tried all the recommend steps in this thread to no avail, this may require a more in-depth look by our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile: