Cannot change Chime ringtone

Thank you for the update. I look forward to the resolution.

I had toggled WiFi on and off, seeing if the app would behave differently, as suggested in the solution. It just happened to be off when I took the screenshot.

However, after reading your reply, I went back in to audio settings with WiFi on. I had not adjusted volume this time but the scale bar still showed the level near the low end where I wanted it. This time around I got a fleeting notification near the bottom of my screen saying the volume had been updated. Weird. And I tested the chime and it is indeed a lower volume!

The other difference is that now, when I select a different ringtone, it will play an example sound. It wouldn’t do that before. But I still get the same error message that it can’t update the ringtone. I tried again force-stopping the app, turning WiFi off, turning it back on again, but won’t update.

I’m sending another screenshot of part of the sequence. With this window, I’ve tried to leave it there, and other times I hit Okay, but I still get the Sorry message. When the volume successfully changed, I did not see this Updating Settings notification.

1 Like