Cannot change Chime ringtone

Hey neighbors! We did have a previous concern with the Chime tones not updating as they should, which was later resolved, but has since re-opened for some neighbors still having this concern. If you are still experiencing this error, rest assured that I can get this information escalated and looked into further. Before having this looked into further, please try the follow to update your Chime tone:

• Please ensure you have the most up-to-date app version, as well as OS version for the phone you are making the update from. Ensure you have no VPN turned on, and try to us only mobile data instead of wifi, or vice versa, if you find an error message when trying this the first time. Switching your connections may help avoid this error.

• If you get an error message when updating your tone in the app, please force close your Ring app, wait a few seconds, and then open it again. Upon re-opening, navigate back to attempt to make this change. Before trying to make the change, see if the tone has already been updated to what you previously choose, and share your results here if this was the case.

• When updating the Chime tone, please make sure you wait a few seconds to update the Chime tone if you have recently adjusted the volume. It’s possible that if you ask the app to constantly change to different tones and volumes that it could cause an error message within the app.

• In the event that you find no relief and are unable to update the tone still, please reply with your type of phone, what OS your phone is on, app version of the Ring app you’re using, and a screen recording of the error message appearing every time you go to change the tone. This information is very important for us to escalate up to the appropriate teams for further review.

When it comes to uploading the screen recording, you may find you cannot attach an MP4 to your reply. Please “compress” the file into a ZIP file, and then attach the ZIP file here. Alternatively, you can upload the video elsewhere, and provide a link here. Let me know neighbors, the more detail the better, as I’m happy to look into this more for you! :slight_smile:

For now, I have accepted this post as a solution. This is a helpful way for other neighbors that come into this thread to try these recommended troubleshooting steps. If these troubleshooting steps do not work, please share in depth information and examples as to what happens so we can pass it along to the appropriate teams. Thank you.