Cannot change Chime ringtone

I would like to know how do I get to the setting to change the ringtone thank you

2 Likes

This issue was NOT solved. Disappointing Ring marked it as such.

3 Likes

I’m experiencing the same problem on Android.

I tap Save Changes, then Okay and the app becomes unresponsive.

I’ve let it run and try to update for an hour. After I end the app, open it again and go back into the chime tone settings, nothing has changed.

1 Like

My sincere reccomendation would be to factory reset the device and give up on making changes. Ring (now owned by Amazon) has given up on fixing problems as long as they can get others to buy products. It is real sad, I used to like it and them. Now I just wish I had never bought into their promise.

Just set mine up. Same problem for me. Can’t change ringtones. Why does it take so long time to solve the problem? Is googles doorbell better? I can still return mine.

1 Like

Hey neighbors! This concern was previously addressed and resolved. If you are still having this error, could you please attach a screen recording of what you are running into? Once you have the MP4 file, you can create it into a zip file that can be attached to your reply here! To create a zip file, you will have to compress the file, or zip from from your phone or PC. You can also upload the video to youtube and share the link here! I would love to see what you’re running into since this concern was previously resolved. :slight_smile:

Including a YouTube screen video. The same message appears that has been appearing for months. I have tried every solution that has been offered in this thread.

If the video below doesn’t work, here is the link:

https://youtu.be/K_NMJoAl3SM

@Benkohns Thank you so much for taking the time to upload that video and share that with us! From the Devices screen, it looks like your Main Doorbell Chime is having a very poor wifi signal and connection. This could be why the device is unable to update it’s Chime tone, as it’s having issues connecting to your router. If you go into the Device Health page for your Chime, what is the RSSI for the device? If you hit the question mark next to the RSSI, it will help show you what you can do to improve it! If you’re able to get this into the green, try to update the Chime tone again and see if it’s successful. :slight_smile:

Still the same error and error message but if I “kill” the app and then open it again the change has been made…
No I can’t make a video. But Since I managed to fix it I am happy even with the error message and the fact that I have to “kill” the app.

1 Like

My ring chime has a strong signal, and I get the same error screen saying something went wrong please try again later as others are getting! I am really getting sick of hearing Santa say his famous words (this post won’t let me type the word Santa says saying it’s a bad word) every time there is a motion, as I have not been able to change mine since x-Mas time…obviously! Thank you.

Spent 2-1/2 hours on this today, it is NOT SOLVED how can you mark it as such. You’ve got our money for the product, now proceed the backup!

1 Like

Hey @Simonjrwinter. What error message do you run into when you try to update the chime sound? We had this as a concern before that our team was fixing, and it has seen been resolved. I’ll be happy to help out with more detail on what you’re running into!

Still having this issue. Using a Galaxy A40 (Android 10, Ring app 3.25.0), Chime FW “up-to-date”.

Hey @tsalomaa. Could you try changing this setting when you are on mobile data only, and your wifi turned off? If the setting still does not save, please try to remove the Ring app, reboot your phone, reinstall your app and then save the setting. If this still fails, please capture a screen recording of this and share it with me so I can pass this onto our teams here! :slight_smile:

No luck, same error. Tried mobile data only, removed app, rebooted, installed app. Tried again with mobile data and WiFi.

@tsalomaa Thank you for trying that, my apologizes it’s still not working. Let’s try this! If you can, there should be a tiny hole on the side of the device or a button. Find this button and press it down for 30 seconds (if it’s a hole, find a paperclip and insert it for 30 seconds) while the device is still plugged in. From there, try to change the Chime tone after a few minutes and let me know if this works! If it still fails, lets try removing the Device from your account, doing the reset again, and then re-setting up the device. Let me know if you can change it after this as well, or if you get the same error message.

After resetting by pressing the button and reconnecting to the WiFi, the change of sound worked!! Thank so much for helping out and outstanding customer service!

Br, Tommi

1 Like

@tsalomaa Yay, awesome news! I always love a good success story. Happy it’s working for you now, Tommi. :smiley_cat: Have a great week - hoping you are staying safe and healthy!

1 Like

No. Not Solved. I’m having the identical issue on ios. And yes, reset the devices, used the little hole on the side, restarted numerous times, etc. No tone change, no volume control.

Still having this issue. Using a IPhone (iOS 13.3.1, Ring app 5.25.0), Chime FW “up-to-date”, wifi signal ok, reseted two times (5s and 15s).
I don’t have any Android device.