cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change Chime ringtone

SOLVED
Community Manager

Re: Chime Will not Update Sound

Hey neighbors! Thank you for reporting this information to us again. While this was resolved before, after looking back into this with the appropriate teams, it looks like the concern has been re-opened and is under investigation again. I will make sure to keep you updated when I have more information as we work towards a more permanent fix. Thank you for your patience! 

Edit as of 3/25/2020: This should be only happening on the iOS version of the Ring app. If you have an Android device, please attempt to update the Chime sound from there. If you do not have an Android device, I will make sure to update this thread once we have the fix for iOS. Additionally, please comment if you have an Android device and are still getting this error message.

For now, I have accepted this post as a solution. While we are aware of this concern and as the team continues to investigate, this is a helpful way for other neighbors that come into this thread to know the latest update. We appreciate your patience and will continue to update this thread with more information. Thank you.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have an Android phone and still can't change the ringtone on my Chime.

I have exact the same problem as other users - only "Ring Default" works. When I try to change the tone the system says "Your Chime is updating, please wait a moment". I then pres the "Okay" button and then nothing more happens and the App on my Android phone no longer responds. I then have to close the Ring app and restart it to get access to the app again and then the ringtone is back to default. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note9 with the latest updated Android-version 10 installed.

A quick fix would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Would love to see this solved for iOS
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have tried all of the advice given on this thread and nothing works. My chime still will not change the sound when I go on the settings via the app. 

I am an iPhone user, pease can you advise when this will be updated and patched? 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Cannot change Chime ringtone

I would like to know how do I get to the setting to change the ringtone thank you
/* */