Cannot change Chime ringtone

Hey neighbors! I will be requesting an update today on this investigation and will continue to let you know when I have any updates. :slight_smile:

Any updates?

@LJOnesto I was hoping to get a more exact update by the end of the day yesterday, but there is still not one at this time. It looks as though they are still investigating this and trying to work out a resolution still. I’ll make sure to provide valuable updates when I do have them! Thank you again for your patience :slight_smile:

I too are having the same problems. I logged a call with support last week, but they never mentioned this was an exisiting problem. I have been trauling the net to see if there is a solution and came across this thread, amazing nothing has been done yet! this is obviously a common problem. When I told support that I had tried resetting everything they said they would look into it. I was surprised that there is no case number to reference this as I suspect this will just drag on.

Please advise as soon as a solution becomes available.

Hey neighbors! I have just gotten word that this should be resolved as of now. If you could, please attempt to change your Chime tone in the app and let me know if it updates or not. You may have to test an event like ringing your Doorbell in order to test if it was saved properly. If you continue to have a concern with the Chime not updating the sound, please reach out to our support team here for further troubleshooting. :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Does not work. Still the same error.
Come on Ring. Give us a solution

1 Like

It worked for me. Thanks

1 Like

It seems to have worked for me as well

1 Like

Confirmed, working

1 Like

Thanks neighbors! I’m so happy to hear that the app is back to working as it should so you can change your Chime sounds. If you continue to have this concern, please reach out to our support team here, as this may be an isolated concern for your specific account/device.

Mine is fixed - thanks Ring

1 Like

Yes, it also works for me.

Thanks.

1 Like

This is still not working for me. I have done all the resets deleting reinstalling apps, but wont work. Help!!!

1 Like

@AndyP As stated in the post that has been marked as a solution, if you are still experiencing any concerns with your device not updating sounds, please reach out to our support team here for further troubleshooting. They will be able to help you out to get your device back working as it should. :slight_smile:

Having the same problem. Have tried all of these remedies.

I am still getting the same error message.

@upperolive @Benkohns If you can, please reach out to our support team here for further assistance on this matter.

Still does not work and support can not help

Same problem here, brand new ring pro, installed yesterday, everything working OK, successfully changed tone from default to the second one on the list (first step in checking each of them out, to choose which one to go with)… now won’t let me change anything and stuck on that second one. “Sorry something went wrong” message, as others have described here.

Hey neighbors! Thank you for reporting this information to us again. While this was resolved before, after looking back into this with the appropriate teams, it looks like the concern has been re-opened and is under investigation again. I will make sure to keep you updated when I have more information as we work towards a more permanent fix. Thank you for your patience!

Edit as of 3/25/2020: This should be only happening on the iOS version of the Ring app. If you have an Android device, please attempt to update the Chime sound from there. If you do not have an Android device, I will make sure to update this thread once we have the fix for iOS. Additionally, please comment if you have an Android device and are still getting this error message.

For now, I have accepted this post as a solution. While we are aware of this concern and as the team continues to investigate, this is a helpful way for other neighbors that come into this thread to know the latest update. We appreciate your patience and will continue to update this thread with more information. Thank you.

1 Like