Cannot change Chime ringtone

I too, am getting the same issues here just can’t change the tone whatever I try. I have done everything and more already mentioned.

just keep getting the error message ‘somethings gone wrong try again later’?

Please have a look at this issue Ring ?

thanks

1 Like

Hey neighbors. As previously mentioned, if you are still not able to change your Chime ringtone after performing the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the previous posts on page 1, please reach out to our support team here. They can take a look into your account to see if they can fix it for you or perform additional steps, and if not, escalate up your concern for further review.

Support is a joke. They only say I have to wait for a solution.

I am having the same problem. done the reboot and all sorts of stuff. took it back to factory settings and still nothing. ive phoned up support, they said it was their end and I still don’t know what’s going on

Chelsea_Ring, Please understand that I no longer try to go to the support as I find most of their solutions are either of the following.

1. Try factory reset
  2. Wait for a solution

This makes the support incapable of even the most mundane tasks. I am a minor software developer, and a Full Time Technology Engineer with over 40 years in Technology at some of the deepest levels of involvement. The behavior I get when calling them and being told to do the same steps I have already tried, as if I am someone incapable of using a phone, is a bit insulting.

I have a much better Idea. Tell Ring (Amazon) to invest in good developers, have them work on fixing issues in the backlog rather than pulling features for 2-3 iterations, and get the software stable enough to make me proud I have it rather than ready to go get something else.

2 Likes

Chelsea_Ring, quite a few of us having this same issue contacted the Support and we were told that the issue was not on our side but rather on the backend side of the Ring systems.

We were also told that Ring engineers would work on the fix.

Is there any way how to find out what is the status of this fix development? At the moment we are kind of lost in the dark having no idea WHEN/IF this will be fixed.

In my world this is not how quality support service should look like.

2 basic qeustions:

1. Can you share any estimated date for fix delivery?

2. Will anyone inform us once the fix is available?

1 Like

Hey neighbors! Thanks for getting back to me and sharing some of the feedback of what has happened when you reached out to support. For the concern, after reaching out to the proper teams, I was able to find out that the matter is still under an investigation. The information provided to us can be vague at times, so I apologize for not having an estimated time that this will be addressed.

For the information of where there seems to be a resolution in sight, or when that will be, it is still good to be in contact with support on this. While I will diligently make sure that I update the thread accordingly, support can give you real time updates when they have them. This is why it is encouraged to reach out to them, even if the process may feel troublesome. Rest assured, for this feedback, I have passed this onto the appropriate team for you as well. Thank you all again for your patience and I hope to update you all more on this soon!

In the meantime, I have updated this post as a solution and will post new updates with those marked as the solution as they come in.

2 Likes

After my last contact with ring support I have not heard a thing about a solution or timeframe.
Since the reset I have the standard tone that is the same as my neighbour so now when someone rings the doorbell we both open the door which is very annoying. We both can not change the tone of the chime.

Is it that hard to fix the problem? Before the last update everything worked
Now I have a broken device in my opinion.
Can it be fixed and when?
Otherwise I can buy another smart doorbell from other companies like Nest that do have good support.

4 Likes

Same problem, support contacted and eventually get this:

“Thank you for staying on the line, Ricci. We’re sorry to hear you’re having trouble changing your Chime alert tones; rest assured that our team is investigating and working to resolve it as soon as possible. If there’s anything else I can help within the meantime, please don’t hesitate to ask.”

1 Like

Count me in too. Chime sound will not change. Stuck on the default setting. Also, volume is NOT adjustable. It’s either LOUD or OFF. Since firmware updates are automatic, was there one recently for all of us to be having the same problem?

1 Like

Also have the same issue with just one of my two Chimes.

Deleted it, reset it, changed to a different network but same “Something went wrong” message each time.

Support tell me it’s being looked into and we should get an email when the issue is fixed.

This has been going on a long time. I have phoned support and they just keep telling me it’s their end. I just think they’re messing us about to be honest. It’s got to be their end because there are loads of people with the same problem and I’m getting fed up with it, and I’m not going to keep ringing them because I’m not sure if the call is free or not

Funnily enough - I have two Chime devices. It’s only one that I am unable to update the ring tones. The one I can update has firmware 1.1.27, the other only says ‘Firmware up to date’ which isn’t helpful

Chelsea - can’t they just roll back the firmware - as it seems most likely this is the issue?

1 Like

Any update on this as it’s still not working.

The status page shows everyything operational which it isn’t…

They are still working on it. So they say

To the Ring support staff;

I had Christmas chimes on it till today(Feb 23, 2020). NOW just the default tone. After reading this blog thread, found I wasted 2-3 hours of my life that Ring should have been able to fix quickly. I will be removing this nightmare soon if they do not get it fixed. I will retry in two weeks and if it is not fixed by then. Steve

1 Like

Hey neighbors! I do not have any new updates at this time but can ensure this is still being investigated. I’ve updated my post from page 3 as the solution in the meantime. I will post new updates with those marked as the solution as they come in so you can find an updated answer faster. :slight_smile:

I have exactly the same issues and have tried all the steps mentioned here. Is there a solution for this yet?

I have the same issue on all 3 of my Ring chimes. I just wasted hours of my life in a chat only to be told there is nothing they can do right now and that someone would contact me. I just found this thread and found that mulitple people are having the same issue so it definitely appears there is something wrong in the firmware or your system for everbody. Please fix this issue as soon as possible. The default tone is now driving my dog crazy which is why I was trying to change it in the first place. I guess I will have to leave all my Ring chimes unplugged until you fix this so my dog does not lose his mind. HELP!!