Can't add a user to chimes

Does anyone know how to add a user to chimes? I have my wife and son as users for the doorbell, but the chimes access is not an option. I oftentimes find myself needing to silence the chimes because our dog is a maniac when he hears them. So we silence them frequently. But I’m the only one that can do it as of right now. Any ideas?

1 Like

Hey @frankcurtin. At this time, you cannot add a shared user to the Chime or Chime Pro in the Ring app. Although, this is a great idea, as I could see shared users needing to potentially snooze the Chime as well! As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

Hi frankcurtin,

if you haven’t figured out a solution by now, you can sign into your family members’ Ring apps with your login credentials to allow them to snooze the Chime. Everyone can use the app simultaneously. The only thing to note is that each person’s video viewing history will all be contributed and will affect the History section.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

1 Like