Battery Pack

Hi,

I have had a two Ring spotlight cameras for a little under two years.

As of the last month, the battery packs have not been chargeable! They hold maybe about 20% charge at peak capacity and wear out within a week when normally they were lasting for well over a month or more. The cycles on each of the batteries could not have been more than 10-15 at the absolute most.

The batteries themselves have not been put through anything abnormal in terms of wear and tear or treatment.

I am disappointed that this is happening so fast. What is the life of these batteries? It cannot be so low in terms of cycles? It would be crazy?

Hey @Ring_Ring_Whos_There. Sometimes the weather condition that the battery was in could cause wear and tear on the battery over time. In addition, plugging in the battery into an outlet that is out putting too much power could cause the battery to get overcharged, reducing how long it can then hold a charge. Do you know what kind of output the outlet it was plugged into had? What is the weather like in your place? The weather conditions the battery can handle are -5°F to 120°F (-20.5°C to 48.5°C), but at certain temperatures the battery has a different behavior. You can read more about this in our Help Center Article here.

Hi,

The battery was place outdoors in the four seasons, however, none of this temp extremes were ever hit during its time outside given what we experienced in the year to date?

The batteries have been plugged into a standard outlet like they always have been on previous occasions using the same USB plug point. I do not think it was a power surge or some other problem at this point because I am seeing the issue on two batteries charged at different times. The batteries as well rotate between my front door and my backyard. The backyard has full exposure whereas the front is under a porch covering close to the front door. The batteries started failing in June! In any case, can you replace them if I ship the old ones back to you for analysis? Also, what is the life of one of your batteries? How many cycles are they supposed to last for?

@Ring_Ring_Whos_There Thanks for getting back to me and confirming that information for me! As we are a neighbor to neighbor support forum, I am unable to do something like this for you, but our support team can work out the options you have with you! You will need to give them a call for this support, and they can follow up with you on it as the batteries have a 1 year limited warranty. Since the usage of the batteries varies between neighbors, we do not have a set number of cycles that the battery is supposed to be “good” for.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to come back and let me know how this goes!