Attaching Gen 2 wedge kit to solar mount, missing screws?

I’m trying to attach the wedge kit for the gen 2 to the solar mount. The screws provided with the wedge kit are for screwing directly into the wall. The solar mount has two wholes for attaching the wedge kit however these require mounting screws; so I believe I need mounting screws to attach the wedge kit to the solar panel (length varying based on the number of wedges) but can’t find any info on the specifics or where to buy them.

Hi @maxieduncan. You’ll want to use one of the longer screws provided with the Wedge Kit. You can reference this thread for some more information on how this setup looks, as well as some helpful examples. If you feel that you’re missing any parts needed for the installation, I’d suggest reaching out to our support team so they can take a look at this for you. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’d actually mislayed the small screws included with the wedgekit that allow me to attach a single wedge to the solar panel, it doesn’t seem to be possible to attach more than one with the supplied screws though. Should be able to bolt the additional wedges together if needed though.

The longer screws provided are only for attaching directly to the wall, they don’t mount onto the solar panel.

I would have liked to use two wedges but one is fine for now and I can come up with something to attach two wedges together if needed I’m sure.

1 Like