Add A Ring Solar panel to Extend Battery Life

Correct - the team is investigating the wording in the App, however, it is critical the device receives the proper amount of Sun to charge your battery. To repeat ourselves, this Solar Panel provides a trickle charge so if you’re getting a decent amount of notifications or otherbattery draining factors, this will effect the charge of your battery. Thanks

I’m sharing the last communication i received from Ring…??

Hi Pierre,

We don’t have an ETA to share at this time. However, once a solution is implemented, I’ll be sure to let you know. Thank you for being so patient while we work to resolve this. If you have any questions, please let me know. I’m always happy to help!

As a reminder, I am not in the office Friday & Saturday. I will reply to any non-urgent emails as soon as possible upon my return to the office Monday at 8:30 AM PST. Any urgent email will be responded to by a member of the Social Care team in my absence. As always for immediate assistance, you can call our 24/7 phone support team at 800-656-1918 (or if you’re outside of the US: bit.ly/ringsupport).
Heaven

Social Care Advocate

www.ring.com

If you need assistance in the future please check out our help center.

Download the Neighbors App.
Join the new neighborhood watch.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 1:35 PM, arjulaad@gmail.com wrote:

Hello Jessica and thanks for following-up.

1 Like

Thank you for following-up. As previously stated the issue is not charging but the message stating that a solar panel would increase battery longevity. I’m being told that Ring is aware of the situation and is working on a fix ??

Stay well,

PT

Hi Pierre,

We don’t have an ETA to share at this time. However, once a solution is implemented, I’ll be sure to let you know. Thank you for being so patient while we work to resolve this. If you have any questions, please let me know. I’m always happy to help!

As a reminder, I am not in the office Friday & Saturday. I will reply to any non-urgent emails as soon as possible upon my return to the office Monday at 8:30 AM PST. Any urgent email will be responded to by a member of the Social Care team in my absence. As always for immediate assistance, you can call our 24/7 phone support team at 800-656-1918 (or if you’re outside of the US: bit.ly/ringsupport).
Heaven

Social Care Advocate

www.ring.com

If you need assistance in the future please check out our help center.

Download the Neighbors App.
Join the new neighborhood watch.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 1:35 PM, arjulaad@gmail.com wrote:

Hello Jessica and thanks for following-up.

1 Like

Mine is not charging my door bell. It’s hooked up and I got notice to charge it. Hello solar,should keep it charged

Hello,

If it is not charging and everything is ‘‘hooked up’’ properly, i think you should reach out to Ring for assistance.

Best of luck!

1 Like

??

1 Like

it’s working here now!

1 Like

So Ring fixed this for you - the message? That’s hopeful. My solar panel is connected to my Ring Stick Up Cam and i still have the generic advertising message.

This message is clearly more than an advertisement. My panels charge fine, but the 5 minute snapshot feature is grayed out, stating “this setting requires a solar panel or wired device.” Meaning that my cameras all think there is no panel connection, even though there is. How do I fix this?

1 Like

The problem was fixed through a firmware update, altough every now and then

the faulty message re-appear and goes away on itself. You should reach out to them.

:v:???

PT

1 Like

Installed a Ring battery camera with a solar panel. Some believe the system isn’t working when it states in Solar Status field “extend battery life with a ring solar panel”, when one is already installed. I also get this phase but also get the word “connected”. I believe the Solar Status field states “extend battery life with a ring solar panel”, when the camera is not being charged and “connected” when the camera battery is being charged. I’ve had the camera running for a few days and battery level has always been 100% so its working.

Same issue. All 5 spotlight cams are connected to a solar panel. It is charging fine as the battery in all of these cams is usually always on 100%. But when I go to settings, device settings, snapshot capture I am unable to change it to every 5 min cause that option is not highlighted and it says Required a solar panel or wired device. So something is really wrong lol.

1 Like

My video doorbell 3 does not show as being connected, just the advertising status. It seems to discharge at the same rate as prior to installation. It does get several hours of direct sunlight

Yes it is more than just advertising, you can not increase the snapshot time to 65 Minutes because to is clearly not recognising the solar panel but your battery clearly is. This problem has been long term and I have read tonnes of references to the problem on the community. Of splattered by a few who say, Oh mines working argh!!! Take it from me there are plenty who have this problem and ring have done nothing to fix it

how did yo set up the solar panel to the Stick up camera. Maybe I set mine up wrong.

I added the plug to the top hole in the back as the camera is facing front and on the wall – is this right. Do i need to do something with the battery too?

Plugging the solar panel into the back of the camera should be pretty straight forward assuming you bought the correct solar panel for your gen. 3 camera. When setting up the cam, set it up for “battery mode”, not “wired mode”. Also, under “Device Health”, the Power Source will indicate “Power Outlet” when the solar panel is connected; but in actuality, that means “battery”. Under “Settings” for your cam, in the upper right corner you will see a small icon of a battery; it will have a lightening bolt in the center when it sees the solar panel connected and there is daylight. But these solar panels aren’t very effective in keeping the battery charged. Much aggravation about this if you read enough comments about it here in the “Community”. There’s a lot of positive reviews on Amazon about them but something has changed and they don’t really work as intended…at least for the gen. 3 stickup cams (like I have). YMMV.

Same problem here

Hi there, here the problem has been fixed and it’s been working properly, we see the cam connected to the panel, the charge rarely drops below 98%. Maybe you should reach out to ring so they can address your situation.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Add A Ring Solar panel to Extend Battery Life

1 Like

Re: Add A Ring Solar panel to Extend Battery Life