+5V DC Extension Power Cable needed for Stick up Camera to Solar Panel

I currently have a RING Stickup Battery Camera and a RING Solar Panel. The cable between the two is not long enough for my application. I am trying to purchase a (+5v) DC Extension Cable to extend the length between the two RING products. The PROBLEM is that there are various different types of connectors out there to choose from for CCTV cables.

What is the size of the connectors used on the RING (+5v) DC cable? Can you confirm that it is a 1.35mm x 3.5mm plug???

1 Like

Good question @The_Vin_Man . Adding an extension cable is not recommended as our custom snap-fit weather proof connector is required to ensure proper power flow and weather resistance.

Also, you seemed to have shared your address information in the post, it is best not to post personal information in the Community as we value your privacy and security.

I hear ya. I can’t help you.( I reply with kudos for your clarity and patience in seeking spec help…) I also reply to ask you for the exact length of the cable from the solar panel to the stickup camera…

Peace in

Hi geistTheSTisSilent

I did a lot of research trying to find this product and this is what I found. Ring says that it does not make an extension cable and does not support/reccomend this cable, but I bought it anyway and it works fine! I bought 2 of these cables at $4.55 USD each and extended the original Solar Panel cable 20 extra feet for a total length of 33 feet and I have had no problems. The included solar panel DC cable length is 13-ft. (3.96-m.) with a weatherproof barrel connector manufactured by Wasserstein. I can’t recall the item/part number, but if you do a search on the description below, you should be able to find it.

DC Power (3.5mm x 1.35mm) Male to Female Camera Extension Adapter Cable 10FT (White or Black)

Manufacturer** :** Wasserstein

Type** :** DC Power Connector

Cable Length** :** 10 ft.

Connector A (Male)****: Coaxial DC Power (3.5x1.35mm)

Connector B (Female)****: Coaxial DC Power (3.5x1.35mm)

Model** :** DC Cable

By the way, Ring Support couldn’t tell me the size of the barrel connectors (they have to be 3.5x1.35mm (Male - Female). Hope this helps!!!

1 Like

I did a lot of research trying to find this product and this is what I found. Ring says that it does not make an extension cable and does not support/reccomend this cable, but I bought it anyway and it works fine! I bought 2 of these cables at $4.55 USD each and extended the original Solar Panel cable 20 extra feet for a total length of 33 feet and I have had no problems. The included solar panel DC cable length is 13-ft. (3.96-m.) with a weatherproof barrel connector manufactured by Wasserstein. I can’t recall the item/part number, but if you do a search on the description below, you should be able to find it.

DC Power (3.5mm x 1.35mm) Male to Female Camera Extension Adapter Cable 10FT (White or Black)

Manufacturer: Wasserstein
Type: DC Power Connector
Cable Length: 10 ft.
Connector A (Male): Coaxial DC Power (3.5x1.35mm)
Connector B (Female): Coaxial DC Power (3.5x1.35mm)
Model: DC Cable

By the way, Ring Support couldn’t tell me the size of the barrel connectors (they have to be 3.5x1.35mm (Male - Female). Hope this helps!!!

4 Likes

Any suggestions on how to supply power to a Gen 3 that is 30 feet from the nearest outlet?

The battery is not lasting near as long as I’d hoped, and it’s getting really old dragging out the step ladder to change the battery.

thanks