Solar Panel not established status but still charging

I have just purchased two solar panels to power my stickup cams. Both are charging via solar but when I check device health it states solar panel not established. This means I cannot set the snapshot capture to every 5 mins as it complains about not having a solar/wired connection.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have a newer stickup cam which has a solar panel connected and it shows status as electrical when solar panel is charging

1 Like

Hey there, @trickyg. This was a recent change that we made to the app as we look to refine how the solar panel shows it’s connected in the Device Health page. If you see “Established,” this is the same as the “Connected” status, and therefore should not be a cause for a concern. If you see Not Connected, Not Charging or Not Established is when the Camera is not detecting the solar charge and should be looked into. As you mentioned seeing a charge applied from the Solar Panel either way, this is unusual. I recommend removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device to ensure it is optimally integrated, as well as check for updates. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi

I tried removing and reinstalling app but problem remains. Show solar not established on both cameras but both still charging.

1 Like

Thank you for trying those steps, @trickyg! As long as your battery is charging as intended, and keeping a charge with use of the Solar Panels, they must be working. This is great news, but, of course, we always want you to have the full intended experience in the Ring app. As it is odd to hear about this not established message showing despite a charge being received, I will pass this feedback along to our team for further investigation. If it is not too much to ask, please respond here with two screen shots of your device health page showing an increase in battery despite the “established” indicator. Remember to block out any important device or network information. This will help our teams here with a visual example of what is happening as they look into this matter.

Snapshots of cameras as requested

1 Like

Hi @trickyg, happy to chime in for Marley here. Thanks for sharing those screenshots, I’ll be sure to pass them along to our team. In the meantime, I’d suggest giving our support team a call to take a deeper look at this concern. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I, too, am having the same problem. My solar status shows “not established” even though my solar panel is connected and working. This means I cannot use the 5-minute snapshot feature as I would like. Please advise.

1 Like

Same issue here… just hooked up new stick up cam and new solar panel… “Solar Status Not Established”… Maybe a bug in app? Kind of assumed it would recognize when the panel was plugged into the cam…

1 Like

Same issue here. Looks like a universal problem. Please fix the app ASAP!

1 Like

Very common problem if you read through all the different threads. I have 2 stick Up Cams Gen 2 that I have the problem with but installed a spotlight cam today and it picked up Solar straight away.

1 Like

Same thing here. All my stick up cams have been on solar power and operating successfully for almost a year but i can’t use the 5 min snapshot.
Front doorbell on solar as well and says “not established”. Very frustrating!

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. My solar status shows “not established” even though my solar panel is connected and working.

1 Like

Having the same problem…

3 out of 4 cameras showing not established, but still charging

1 Like

After spending time on the phone with Ring, they determined I had a “bad solar panel” and sent a replacement only for me to have the same problem.

They refuse to acknowledge a problem on their end. I’m done with Ring thanks to this awful service experience.

1 Like

Same issue here. Solar panel working, charging. Status shows “not established.”

1 Like

Mine says connection not established and it not charging had cameras 1 month and battery is already dead constant issues with this not happy at all

Jdonofrio526

Out of interest are you in the UK, is your solar facing southwards with good view of the sky and catches the sun for at least 75% of a sunny day. And how often does the camera record motion.

My spare camera with a solar panel not established, does about 6-10 captures a day, and the solar panel is in a relatively sunny spot, but at the moment is just about keeping up with the battery drain.

I know it is charging though, by turning off all the motion detect zones, etc, and on a sunny day it upped the battery to about 35% from a start of 10%

1 Like

Same thing here. Returned the first one. Second one is the same. Says “not connected” but keeps the battery at 100%. Come on, Ring. Pull it together!

I am having this same issue. Out of nothing, after like 8 months, suddenly two cameras started to show the Solar Status as not connected along a Shop Now button??? Both with two batteries and all at 100% charge except by one at 85%.

Wtf Ring??? Why this has happened out of the blue?

Just want to get my voice heard on this issue as well. Experiencing the same issue now ever since August, 2nd gen battery stick up cam with solar panel connected. I get a continuous full charge, but always indicates there is no solar connected, no way to select the 5 min snapshot.