Solar Charging

Despite connecting the stick up cam to solar panel and several hours of strong sunshine device health indicates Power Status Very Poor but I have a green charging symbol

Hey @DaveGEllis. Could you try taking the battery out of the Stick Up Cam, fully charging it by plugging it up to charge for 8 hours, and then putting the battery back in to see if this helps? Once the battery is fully charged, then the power status should be good and in the green, and your solar panel should continue to help provide about a 10% trickle charge a day.

Thanks, I’ll give it a try but the batteries were charged when I put them up.

@DaveGEllis Thank you for letting me know! In the event you have the same outcome, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.

I am having the exact same issue.

Fully charged on install of solar panel, worked fine for the first day now says battery is at 2% and will not connect (In spite of a fully sunny day today)

Did recharging the battery work for you?

Hey there, @Paco01. Recharging your battery to 100% will definitely help here. When a battery reaches a critically low level, it can be difficult for a trickle charge to be effective while also powering all of the other operations and events. Charging to 100% and considering the variables shared in our Community post about battery drain, will certainly optimise Solar Panel charging. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I have an original doorbell and recently bought the associated solar charger but it has never worked. Any ideas? Am forever charging by wire and feel solar is a waste of time and money

We’re here to help, @AJJ. The best factors to consider for obtaining a proper solar charge are several hours of direct sunlight, efficient wifi signal strength, and accurate events. Direct sunlight is most important for ensuring the Solar Charger is able to provide the intended power. Poor wifi signal or too many events can make your Video Doorbell work harder, thus resulting in battery drain. Feel free to check out my response above about battery draining for more information. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: